2021/22 Rafael Benitez

Well?

• IN

• OUT

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.
foff.gif

In other, more important news - Cameron Diaz is turbo hot.

Liverpool made, overall, a nice profit on Benitez's purchases... but he:
A. inherited a squad worse than Everton's at the time
B. he was never backed in the same way Ferguson or Mourinho were backed; but he was, indeed, backed. Let's compare them to Arsenal: Wenger also is a proper manager, but he was never backed in the same way as Chelsea or Utd. He didn't win the league after 2003....

The names you come up with prove that point: decent players were not enough to win the league.

Crouch was sold at a profit. Never a failure.
Pennant was decent, not great. 6 million.
Don't even know Leto or Cavalieri. They can't be that important.
Babel: decent enough, sold at a loss
Dossena: cheap but effective
Keane: fail
Riera: fail
Glen Johnson & Kyragiakos: both decent but bought when things were looking bleak in the boardroom (if memory serves)

You forgot N'Gog though!

His hands were also tied by boardroom decisions, I read last month how he was forced to use Jay Spearing instead of signing Aaron Ramsey at 17....

We'll see. He's proving you wrong though.

This Google search doesn’t extent to Aqulani or Babel I see.

Big Blue Balls Benjamin.

You just know he will be going to bed in the AM conjuring up ways to counter Moyes' Ham into oblivion.

Our Spanish scouser. Conqueror of the wool5.

Hi mate,

You asked this above, but slightly different. The answer is he was backed.

Thanks
Double posted as I am not used to UI over here yet.

Not going to keep arguing since we have our own opinion.

At the end of the day, he didn't get the key signing in wide area that he really need to make the team play in the way he really want. A proper wide player was key in his system (as you can see what Grey and Townsend can do for your team). He got Angulo and Vicente in Valencia and he won the league twice with them on the wing.

Status
Not open for further replies.