2021/22 Rafael Benitez

Well?

• IN

• OUT

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I have been a fan of him since his Valencia day and was ecstatic when Liverpool appointed him. Really heart broken when he was terminated. He would have won the league then if he was properly backed at the time.

I was really disappointed when FSG didn't hire him in 2011-12 when he was available and decided to appoint Dalglish instead. Bad mistakes from their part and it took them quite a while later to get it right with Klopp.

He always know how to make the team play better than the sum of its parts. I do personally rated him as high as Klopp in that regards. I don't think he ever have a chance to really create a team in his vision.

At Liverpool, he was stuck with slow CB (Carragher & Hyypia. Agger was too injury prone to form the partnership with Skrtel, losing Vidic to Man Utd was a big blow looking back) and lack of top class wide attacking player to play to his vision (Daniel Alves, Figo, Simao). His Valencia team, although lacking top class striker, is probably the closest.

He will do a really really job for Everton I am sure of that. It is exactly the environment that he should thrived. I don't think he would want the Newcastle job as he would prefer to build the team from the ground up and that's need stability.

In my opinion, the top 3 (Man City, Liverpool, & Chelsea) are too far ahead of anyone else at the moment but the 4th place is still up for grab. With some luck on your key players and with proper support in January transfer window, I can see your team challenging Man Utd for the 4th place.

You are in good hand so I don't think I need to wish you luck as long as he is still your manager.
Think your web browser is malfunctioning. The web address you require is

:D

So much on here about the RS. Newcastle, so much in the news, are fortunate in that they are a one club city. We are cursed with the RS. Nothing against their fans mind, I know a few decent ones.

foff.gif
Without bias :) I dont think the RS have that much strength in depth. Taking nothing away from Bingo ( see Banana Splits) we have a decent chance of finishing above you.

Status
Not open for further replies.