2021/22 Rafael Benitez

Well?

• IN

• OUT

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.
And a sad indictment of how crap our squad is that few are getting called up.

….not so sure about that. its not so much the squad, there can’t be many clubs in the top 6 who have as many ‘starters’ not away on international duty as us.

Godfrey, Keane, Doucoure, Allan, Gordon, Gray, Townsend and Rondon all started at United and are still at USM FF. I’d actually say at least 4 of those can could be with their international squads on current form, its probably more that they are ‘unfashionable’ than ‘crap’.

Certainly an advantage they are here to work and not have games & travel ahead of our next match.

I
No one is going to be selling a player cheaply to Newcastle ever again though. 150m won't go that far for them and they won't be shopping in the top tier anyway. They will have the same problems as we had.
I dono about that. I think it will be a bit different. Like mosh was willing to spend anything on anyone. If messi would sign he would have broke himself to get him over no doubt. But the media hype around this, them shiek clothing all that jazz. I think they will attract a bigger calliber of player.

New stadium can't come quick enough for us really.

Beggars belief really....some people would not know a good manager if they slapped them in the face. Just have their warped blinkered views and wont budge
That's the thing mate. Most people aren't saying he isn't a decent manager or not doing a good job, so far. They are saying they don't like him as a man, as a human being. They are 2 completely different things and I don't understand why you can't get your head around that.

That's the thing mate. Most people aren't saying he isn't a decent manager or not doing a good job, so far. They are saying they don't like him as a man, as a human being. They are 2 completely different things and I don't understand why you can't get your head around that.
With all due respect, it appears that most of the dislike is due to him formerly managing the other side and that comment. Initially some try to say he is past it and not good. Then they used James as a stick. Now that James is still "injured" and he is showing that he is still a top manager, it's because of the dislike of him as a person? With utmost respect for your opinion, none of us remotely knows him personally as a person and from all the snippets we hear in the press, him and his wife has done alot for the charities around the area and nobody has ever said anything bad about his character. So let's be honest and just admit that the dislike is due to his links to them. It's the truth and I for one totally understand it.

P.S. For those who are still insisting he is a terrible manager and that Steve Bruce did as good a job as him at Newcastle, yes or no to a straight swap? Benitez has started well here and if Steve is as good as him without the connection, he can continue the good work and you shouldn't have any problem with it right? ?

Yup.

Benito Mussolini got Italy well organised (made the trains run on time), more intense and focused with his ability to manipulate the weak-minded through Mass Media and his cult of personality. He even had a few early victories with the invasion of Albania and the pacification of Libya, but would you want him running Everton?

NO.THANK.YOU

I thought it was the kopite connections, after all, you've just described Harry Catterick, we seemed to put up with him ok.

How many on here have met him and had any kind of social interaction to make such a character assessment?

I

I dono about that. I think it will be a bit different. Like mosh was willing to spend anything on anyone. If messi would sign he would have broke himself to get him over no doubt. But the media hype around this, them shiek clothing all that jazz. I think they will attract a bigger calliber of player.

New stadium can't come quick enough for us really.
Yeah it seems like they are prepared to spend whatever it takes to get the club to the top of the league. Which kind of makes me wonder why they wouldn’t be going for a Conte or the like rather than RB. Not saying Benitez doesn’t have a reasonable CV but he’s not the person I would envisage taking the helm at the next oil rich footballing leviathan lol

They lost the relegation in a friendly shout.

Gone by October/Christmas shout

the fans will be on his back in the stadium early days shout

The Gray an Townsend shouts

The boring football shout.

The not as many points as Carlos start shout.

The James rodriguez shout.

Evey shouts when we went 1 nill down and came back in all but one game.

..... and now the Newcastle will poach him shout.

Shout shout let it all out

These are the things we are laughing about

Status
Not open for further replies.