2021/22 Rafael Benitez

Well?

• IN

• OUT

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.
No one is going to be selling a player cheaply to Newcastle ever again though. 150m won't go that far for them and they won't be shopping in the top tier anyway. They will have the same problems as we had.
They won’t largely waste the money like Walsh and brands has. But bar ASM they need an entire team. They are starting from an incredibly low base. 150m might make the competitive as a team, not challenging for honours as a team.

Next summer will be very telling of the clubs ambitions.

If Benitez is still here and we spend a whack then we know providing the FFP situation is in order the club remain ambitious.

If the manager leaves however over a lack of budget then we know the owners are treading water until BMD is built.

Im quietly confident we will spend though - the owners have not been the most professional but they have certainly backed all our managers with money when able.
Think we will spend whatever money we bring in and that will be that

I wish I was making it up mate - you see it on here all the time soon as a few posters have hit the ale "not long until he's gone" "sacked by christmas" "always be a Kopite".

Whilst it may be a man and his dog its a very vocal man and his dog that he could do without particularly when he's actually doing a bang up job.
A handful of people on an internet forum does not represent the majority of the Everton fan base though mate. The way you're making out we've got banners and regular protests baying for his blood. That's just not the case.

A handful of people on an internet forum does not represent the majority of the Everton fan base though mate. The way you're making out we've got banners and regular protests baying for his blood. That's just not the case.

I get that mate - my point was more Benitez himself may feel like he's only ever 1-2 bad results away from a baying mob minority based on those social media voices whereas swanning off to double his money at a club who's fanbase worship him is probably quite appealing.

Totally different to Ancelotti who had his name sung and banners flying from the stands regardless of how crap a job he was doing.

I get that mate - my point was more Benitez himself may feel like he's only ever 1-2 bad results away from a baying mob minority based on those social media voices whereas swanning off to double his money at a club who's fanbase worship him is probably quite appealing.

Totally different to Ancelotti who had his name sung and banners flying from the stands regardless of how crap a job he was doing.
I think the ground was empty for a huge slice of his time here.

Well that's fair enough mate, but it would take more than 1 or 2 bad results. we had that against Villa and QPR and the vast majority of fans stood by him. Plus it wasn't what you said initially. You said you wouldn't blame him for going the way Everton fans have treated him and in fairness the fans have treated him pretty well so far.

Also your making things upon again regarding Mr Ancelotti. Probably 90% of his games were played to empty stadiums so there wouldn't have been many people singing his name and flying banners.

Status
Not open for further replies.