2021/22 Anthony Gordon

Status
Not open for further replies.

Good to see him start. And I think he performed well. I hope Rafael don't write him off so soon. Not every player has to be wonderkid. He has the right attitude and mentality now. He still have some areas to work on but it's encouraging to see a young academy player given a chance.

Good to see him start. And I think he performed well. I hope Rafael don't write him off so soon. Not every player has to be wonderkid. He has the right attitude and mentality now. He still have some areas to work on but it's encouraging to see a young academy player given a chance.
Completely agree - has a bloke by the name of Andros Townsend who could show him a thing or two on how to be a good player without being the most talented.

Enough signs from Anthony to show that he might be able to make it. Belief and coaching...who would have thought.

Thought he looked faster (and I know he has pace) against United than he has in any of his games for the senior side previously.

If he can keep that level he can hopefully be a real threat off the bench once Richarlison & DCL are back.

He's a talented lad, he had a slow start with the U-23's as well, after outright dominating the U-18's league, but found his feet.

Does a lot of his good work cutting in and laying it off or firing across the keeper, I suspect he'll return to that once his confidence is starting to match this step up.

Status
Not open for further replies.