2021/22 Salomón Rondón

Status
Not open for further replies.
Honestly we'll never improve until we improve competition for places, we should be looking for people to challenge, DCL and Richie for a starting berth, not signing people who are happy to sit on the bench collecting tens of thousands. It's a really bad strategy. Not Rondons fault in the slightest like.

The under 23's are crap mate - Dobbin or Simms would be eaten alive by PL defence hence why Simms who is our brightest young talent was playing in League One last season whereas others teams youngsters like Greenwood are banging them in for a CL club.

…wow, ‘Simms is our brightest young talent’. I presume you watch plenty of our youth games, i imagine there’s quite a few who you will know from the touchline who disagree with you.

…wow, ‘Simms is our brightest young talent’. I presume you watch plenty of our youth games, i imagine there’s quite a few who you will know from the touchline who disagree with you.

Simms is miles ahead of any flavour of the month who you'll never see do much here.

Our current crop are just not good enough for a top half PL club.

Thats my point - Rondon after a few weeks of footie under his belt can improve to a PL level CF the other two likely not.
It will take Rondon until November at the earliest to be acceptably fit, he may never be fit enough, who knows? It is 2 years since he played at top class level, he is over weight and, surprisingly, his touch doesn’t seem to be there, normally that is the last thing a player loses.

I hope you are right and he is up to speed in a few weeks, but, I am not holding my breath.

The thing with Rondon is he has scored goals everywhere he has played.

People seem to have him down as a player who pops up with a goal every blue moon and just holds up the ball etc. Its only really been at West Brom where he did that (understandable with how they set up too.)

The big problem is he is in his 30's and has been playing at a lower standard the past couple of seasons so nobody really knows if he is past it or not yet as he had not played since March otherwise.

One thing that has been noticeable so far is that he is getting nowhere near crosses. Seen it a couple of times now, the wide players have put in some great balls and he has been on the edge of the box instead of where he needs to be in the middle.

It's far too early to judge his worth though.

Also I wish I was as "overweight" as Rondon.

He doesn’t watch much football, even if he did, he can’t recognise what is good and what is horrible. As long as the player is Rafael’s fav, our club must accommodate at at the expense of everyone else.

The thing with Rondon is he has scored goals everywhere he has played.

People seem to have him down as a player who pops up with a goal every blue moon and just holds up the ball etc. Its only really been at West Brom where he did that (understandable with how they set up too.)

The big problem is he is in his 30's and has been playing at a lower standard the past couple of seasons so nobody really knows if he is past it or not yet as he had not played since March otherwise.

One thing that has been noticeable so far is that he is getting nowhere near crosses. Seen it a couple of times now, the wide players have put in some great balls and he has been on the edge of the box instead of where he needs to be in the middle.

It's far too early to judge his worth though.

Also I wish I was as "overweight" as Rondon.

Perhaps he is afraid of increaing the brain damage?

He's been beyond woeful in the 3 games he's played.

I know he's unfit, but he can't run, can't jump, can't control the ball and mis-controls every pass. Every single touch of the ball has been a poor one. That's technique, not fitness.

We've also had several promising attacks killed stone dead as soon as the ball goes to him. It's like playing with 10 men.

Valid points about Rondon maybe coming good but how are we ever going to know about the youngsters if they don't get on? Yesterday was an ideal, no lose scenario to give one of them a go for a clearly underperforming player, especially after we were two up. They may not turn out to be top players but I, for one, would love to see them try.

bloody hell Roy, Ive just been reading your mea culpa about Rafael, you don't want to be doing the same thing in a months time with Salomon, surely?
No mea culpa Kev, although I am old enough to remember the Latin mass. I have said from the beginning that I want us to win, I have also made it quite clear that I don’t like Benitez, but, I don’t want him to lose, he is the custodian of my team I never want Everton to lose.

The thing is, I will give credit to Benitez when he performs well, but, I will be a harsh critic when I think he has got it wrong. Unlike the Benitez is god crowd, I have a balanced view of the situation. He is a competent manager who will keep us safe while we balance the books, no more, no less. He was also a very divisive appointment who will always be 3 bad results from crowd unrest.

I look forward to the day when our finances are more stable, we are in the new stadium and Benitez has gone. Until then, I will just have to live with him.

I don’t think there will be a mea culpa regarding Rondon. He is just not worth the outlay, I can see us paying a 33 year old Rondon to replace Tosun as our missing in action striker next season. The more things change the more they stay the same.

He doesn’t watch much football, even if he did, he can’t recognise what is good and what is horrible. As long as the player is Rafael’s fav, our club must accommodate at at the expense of everyone else.

Behave lad you think Rondon is being accommodated ahead of whom?

A half fit Simms who was playing in League One last season? lol

He's our 3rd choice CF
our first & second choices are injured

Therefore he plays - nothing controversial about that imo

Status
Not open for further replies.