2021/22 James Rodriguez

Status
Not open for further replies.
Losing James and Sigurdsson surely cannot be an issue! I have just read dozens of comments that James was a lazy, unfit waste of wages who everyone is glad we got shut of, obviously no good as no one else came in for him during the window.
As for Valdemort, cast your mind back to last season when many of the same folks labelled him a lazy player who only knew how to point and was also scamming a living off the club.
We've added Townsend and Gray who run an awful lot and therefore must be better!
10th place and 59 points is the yardstick set by Carlo Ancelotti, who also apparently stunk the gaff out last season

Oh rest assured this is an absolutely factual statement.

The lads tweeted him farewell and good wishes

at least they didn’t hate him like some here
Mad isn't it mate, I don't get the vitriol and anger towards him? Be mad, but aim it at the club and the comical, ludicrous way we are being ran - not James fault we forced him to sign that 10 billion a week contract.

The James haters/Benitez cult will soon be over the moon tho. James leaving will allow us to sign Sean longstaff from Newcastle, cos he's just the type of player we need in their new Everton - " the school of running about a lot".

Had a quick look through some Colombian journos tweets and the fans underneath, basically, they’re pretty much saying what we’re thinking.

Had it all, and wasting himself going to Qatar and had more to offer.
“Gave up”, “lost interest” and “money” seems to be what is mentioned most.

When a global star moves to Qatar at 30, I cannot really disagree.

The only issue I have with the departure of the beautiful James is that Senor Benitez appears to have no problem fielding useless never-will-bes like Iwobi, Davies, Holgate, Kenny, and Gomes. I completely get Benitez's desire to have a team of hard working players as default - and then add a smattering of quality over the top. I also sympathise with the notion that Rodriguez is something of a circus act with a dubious attitude these days. If Benitez wants rid, fine. He's the manager and it is right that he lives and dies by his decisions, where at all possible. But if James must be purged, why the lenience shown to the previously mentioned detritus? Why is Alex Iwobi being indulged? Why is Andre Gomes being persisted with? Why are Davies and Kenny still at the club? Why is Holgate being sponsored by Wrigley's?

Some of those - notably Gomes and Iwobi - are on lucrative contracts, so surely if there is a need to balance books they need to go too?

I respect the manager's right to make his mind up on a player and get him out the door. Managers must make the final decision when it comes to players. But his willingness to suffer suspect mediocre players who can be relied on to let you down does not speak well for his sense of fair play. Benitez is well within his rights to dispense with James. But he will now be judged by me not on his dismissal of the golden boy, but on his willingness to tolerate the characterless dross that infests our current squad. If we find ourselves in the bottom quarter of the table this season, he will deserve all the opprobrium he attracts. If he can get us mid table or better, he will get next summer to resculpt the squad in a more expansive image. If we are still tolerating the Iwobis and Gomeses this time next year, Benitez will be gone by the following Christmas because moderates like me, always the majority at any club, will revolt. He's fine once he has the reasonables on side - and he does right now - but once we turn, it'll be a mere waiting game for the axe to fall.

Getting rid of James, fine. Tolerating abject chokers, suicide. Get some quality in, Senor, or the decentskins will start withholding the benefit of the doubt...
I am certain Benitez is of a similar opinion on those players, but we have to put a team out and at least they will get on the coach. I think Gomes is gone as soon as feasible and Iwobi (who can at least move) will prove himself this season or gone in summer. I am sure if it was possible to get rid of all the rubbish and replace in one go, he would have. I can't imagine that many of the current squad are required. Concern is that I can imagine a number of those we require wanting a move. Benitez has a job on his hands.

Mad isn't it mate, I don't get the vitriol and anger towards him? Be mad, but aim it at the club and the comical, ludicrous way we are being ran - not James fault we forced him to sign that 10 billion a week contract.

The James haters/Benitez cult will soon be over the moon tho. James leaving will allow us to sign Sean longstaff from Newcastle, cos he's just the type of player we need in their new Everton - " the school of running about a lot".
He can't even do that. Got absolutely legged about by Leeds last week

Sad to see him leave. Unbelievably talented and provided some brilliant moments in his short time here.

The strange anti-James campaign is over now at least. The same fans will no doubt fume about our lack of depth.
They literally have been doing while at the same time saying it's totally fine that the club is so up the creek financially that we have to bin a player off 3 weeks after our window has shut.

It's alright though, because Serge Aurier "has been discussed", so we can put James' wages to good use!

Status
Not open for further replies.