2021/22 James Rodriguez

Status
Not open for further replies.
He wanted to go Rodriguez hopefully there Will be money available in January to replace him

He wanted to go, would have stayed rather than go to Qatar had the club not been absolutely desperate to get rid (they told him before pre-season they needed him gone, before RB had even come in). Helps that RB doesn't see him as a key player though I do believe he'd have found a way to get him into the side had no move materailised.

Mad isn't it mate, I don't get the vitriol and anger towards him? Be mad, but aim it at the club and the comical, ludicrous way we are being ran - not James fault we forced him to sign that 10 billion a week contract.

The James haters/Benitez cult will soon be over the moon tho. James leaving will allow us to sign Sean longstaff from Newcastle, cos he's just the type of player we need in their new Everton - " the school of running about a lot".

I don't get the anger either....
He did whatever he had to do for us. After the #AloJames stuff at the start, we did nothing major to make use of his 50m followers and connect him to the club, like interviews, photo shoots etc so why would he give loads of interviews etc. When Benitez came it was very clear immediately it was either one of them at the club, so we already made that choice, and now we are on 18 month cycles, and will have Benitez's players now, until the next new strategy is created. But I think we've run out of strategies now - since 2013 we've done
- Young manager with potential - Martinez, Silva
- Our own club promotions - BIg Dunc, Unsworth
- Hollywood - Koeman, Ancelotti
- Best of Britain - Allardyce
- European 'Elite' (!!) - Benitez

I agree, we need to aim this at the comical ludicrous management, but I'm beyond angry, I am beyond zen about our club now. I don't know what the next knee-jerk strategy will be, unless we go for two of each category, in which case we can still expect Neil Warnock and Claudio Ranieri?

I am writing this in a positive haze of blue tinted glasses and have decided to enjoy whatever comes our way next :)

Status
Not open for further replies.