2021/22 James Rodriguez

Status
Not open for further replies.
Anyway, hope he gets a go at the WC next year. Everton will survive but, I'm sorry, there is no way any fan should be happy about this, especially after the dross served up last night.

If you can go and get a replacement in and immediately bolster your squad. Absolutely. I wish the Diaz thing had worked out.

Doing this, now. It sums up how f***** we are.

£10m in saved wages, potential for a fee to be paid too. All adds in to the budget. If we hadn’t made such a severe loss a couple of years back FFP wouldn’t be a problem. Nobody expected the pandemic to crush football as it did though.

We’re making a loss for this years accounts for sure, the severity is unknown until published but no doubt there will be a new sponsorship or another marketing partner (USM) to put money into the club to balance this years figure. Once the 3 year average excludes the really bad season we had, we can potentially start spending heavy again if Moshiri is still up for bankrolling us.
The reports are Al Rayyan are paying £6m.

So that's either his wage covered, which means he was never actually on £200k a week despite all the ever-growing reports in the press, or we're losing out completely.

It’s a shame a player of his quality has gone. I’d hoped we’d get at least a handful of decent performances out of him this season once the major European transfer windows had closed.

Hopefully it’ll afford us a bit more movement in the market in the next couple of windows.

As for James, he’s effectively retired by going there. Seems like a waste to me.

All round, bit of a shame.
First pro James post I partially agree with, it is a shame as he’s had so much talent. The big factor in all of this is - he’s not arsed, that’s the problem.
No fight, nothing. Just pop off to the IAE for another £200k a week

We actually don't. We need to do better in the DOF position. Whether that is replacing Brands (it might be) or allowing whoever it is to do as they want without having to answer to managers and having the owner reach around them (it definitely is this to a large extent) fixing that area of the club would go a long way.

Well, Brands ain't going anywhere especially when he's signed a new deal until 2024 and is on the board of the holding companies.

We'll be going through more managers than DoFs

Could have gone to Porto though mate.

All moot now anyway now hes gone.
I believe that we proposed a swap with Porto for Diaz but they refused (from reports) because they valued Diaz way above our valuation and also they did not want to upset their wage structure. There was a piece suggesting their top-earning player was, Aboubakar I think, on about £35k per week.

The reports are Al Rayyan are paying £6m.

So that's either his wage covered, which means he was never actually on £200k a week despite all the ever-growing reports in the press, or we're losing out completely.
£6m helps towards the potential £105m hole we have to fill in. My only thought is if they sold Gylfi instead of him getting caught elsewhere then would James have stayed as we could have afforded the salary. Who knows. It’s all speculation until our books are recorded.

Fabulous player and glad I got to witness him in the Blue shirt but it wasn't gonna work out here, I accepted him leaving the day Ancelotti left anyway so meh.

Status
Not open for further replies.