Match Thread Queens Park Rangers v Everton - Preview, Match Report and MotM Poll

Everton Man of the Match

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Because the club has no standards and is filled from top to bottom with losers. If the board had any ambition they would haul the manager before them today and ask why he rested players and what on earth happenned. If it happens again, you're gone.

But no doubt the club don't care one bit. The only times they care and act decisively are when they panic pre-Christmas if we are down near the bottom. They haven't a clue how to push the club forward. A lot of the players aren't arsed about pushing the club forward, and a lot of the supporters are more interested in labelling other supporters kopites.

What a mess

But all the big clubs rotate their players in cup games - there's a lot of decisions the manager takes into account vs just putting the strongest team out there. He wants all players to get game time to keep them happy, he wants his top players rested, because 3 points against norwich is the same 3 points against man city.

The problem I have is that even if you put out squad players - we should be beating these.

I'm not even sure what the solution is - a lot of people arrive at the most obvious conclusion - just play the best team, but teams don't play their best side 40+ games anymore. You have to do it with squad players.

I’m not angry at Davies for the penalty miss, it wasn’t a bad pen but a good save. I’m angry at him for the absolute dross he served up in the previous 90 minutes. Him and Gomes in the middle have got to be one of the most lightweight, immobile, weakest pairings we’ve ever fielded.

Was a big chance for some of our fringe players to stake a claim (those 2, JJK, Begovic etc) but they were all awful, absolutely awful.

QPR FFS.

He won one and let’s be honest, he got saved in the final (again) by someone whose name I won’t even mention. Look at his track record around that- it’s very very poor and he clearly doesn’t give a crap.

This is a bit presumptuous, by the same token, all the other managers who haven't won a cup don't give a crap either. And Man City absolutely loves the League Cup but doesn't give a crap about the Champions League.

I will never get this attitude. We have, legit, 2 possible things we can win in any given year. The league isn't one of them. There's no difference in winning the FA Cup or the Carling Cup. Acting like we're too good for one of the competitions is just hilarious considering we've won sweet FA for 25+ years.

I honestly don’t view them as legit opportunities, which is tragic I know, but that’s how I see it. Would I prefer if we were eliminated by Man City in the semi final each year? Possibly, but the end result is the same thing. No trophy.

I get that in a cup it’s one off games and “anything can happen”. But like I said in my original post, there’s reasons why City are winning this thing year after year. And there’s reasons why the FA Cup is won by top 6 sides (which unfortunately Leicester are) year after year. Yes we could get lucky with the draw and in each game, but with our squad depth as it is we just don’t have the quality to go deep in these competitions.

Of course losing to pens on QPR is pretty low, I’m not going to excuse that. I’m just saying it’s pretty par for the course in this tournament, so last nights result doesn’t shock me or wind me up anymore than Millwall or Carlo at the pit.

This is a bit presumptuous, by the same token, all the other managers who haven't won a cup don't give a crap either. And Man City absolutely loves the League Cup but doesn't give a crap about the Champions League.

I mean there are a lot of managers who’s sole aim is to keep their clubs in the premier league. That’s literally all they focus on. It’s why there’s always a talking point of “why do mid table clubs rotate” in these fixtures. Also managers with actual squad depth still rotate because they have such a low opinion of these trophies- Pochettino even directly said so. Because they want their players fresh for league games and European games.

Your city point is also strange to me as I don’t think anyone thinks the players and manager don’t care about the champions league. The fans sure. But you can’t say pep and the players probably wouldn’t swap the majority if not all of those league cups for a champions league.

Also a quick google tells me Benitez got to the FA Cup final once (won, thanks to Gerrard) and the league cup final once (lost). Aside from that, he never got past the FA Cup fifth round or the league cup quarter final. This shows to me that he didn’t really care- this is with a better squad at his disposal as well. With Newcastle it was even worse (expected)- second round in the league cup and fourth round in the FA cup. Obviously Newcastle were worse than we are, but my original point which I stick by is this manager does not care about these trophies. Should the message have come from the board that he should? Probably, but perhaps his remit is “Europe or bust”.

Very Good, Looked Like He Gave a Damn
Townsend

Decent
Gordon

OK
Digne

Poor
Begovic
Holgate
Godfrey

Abysmal, Putrid, Catastrophic
Gomes
Davies
Iwobi
Kenny

Did Not Do Enough to Influence the Proceedings, Someone Should Have Been Able to Come On and Put This Game Away, Yes They Played Well But FFS This Is A Championship Side
All subs

So Bad He Didn't Even Look Like a Professional Footballer
Rondon
I went to Fulham v Leeds last night and you do a disservice to Championship teams. We played a mixture of players last night and it was a struggle. We took years to get out of that league. There are some good players and their manager is well rated. We are going through a tough patch at the minute and we have a few players off form but I didn't hear any moaning last night just non stop singing and backing of the team. You will be alright end of season just have to keep the faith like our lot do.

Judging by last night training must be a pish take.
No improvement of players.
And passing that would cause fights on a Sunday morning pub league .
Without Townsend and Gray we would be a lot worse off.

I love this board after a loss, ten days ago we were all buzzing, a few injuries, a weakened side loses on pens and the bleach drinkers have taken over.

Get hold of yourselves ffs
That's not true though is it. Bennys boys were buzzing, but everyone else was saying it how they saw it. A few good 10 minute spells with some pretty Dire football around it.

We are a club that is not set up to win trophies,similar to Newcastle, Aston villa and West Ham, all have a passionate fan base and live in hope of silverware,when realistically only City, United, RS, Chelsea and Arsenal have the infrastructure and expectancy.

Status
Not open for further replies.