Match Thread Queens Park Rangers v Everton - Preview, Match Report and MotM Poll

Everton Man of the Match

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Im not long joined this forum and this is my first post.
I love reading all the comments but seriously some people just love to write a load of horseshit and have nothing but negativity to say.

I believe RB is the right man for the job and he will bring stability to the team given time. Last week before we lost to Villa everyone was on cloud 9 on how well we had started and looking upwards.

We all as Everton fans should get behind the team and the manager and stop with all the negativity. How can people really think RB should be sacked after 6 games in charge?
1st point about negativity. Have you seen much to be positive about this week?
2nd point about everyone being on cloud 9 a week ago. That's not true. Bennys boys were, everyone else has been pointing out that we have decent 10 minute spells and look dire the rest of the time.
3rd point about how people think he should be sacked. He should never have been hired in the first place. Then see point above how we generally have looked pretty awful even in the game we have won (Brighton game aside).

Swinging from one extreme to another, the Internet way.

This oscillation is self-amplifying, too.

When there’s a bad spell, and the doom-mongers feel justified in posting their doom, the pushback from the other side quickly gets just as insane - like some of the shouts that we ought to be happy with a 14th finish because “poor squad.”

It’d be really lovely to have a tempered debate. But the medium just won’t allow for it.
Social media in a nutshell mate?.

I love reading all the comments but seriously some people just love to write a load of horseshit and have nothing but negativity to say.

Yes we lost last night, yes to a lower league team, thats the nature of any cup. Unfortunately it seems to happen too often for our beloved Everton.
Everton haven't won a trophy since 1995 yet each year we dream this could be the year.

The truth is looking at our squad its poor, I personally don't rate many of our players. Some have been great in the past but as we all get older so do they and you can see. We have some good players and some that are proving that hard work and dedication and the right team behind them can prove pivotal in a players career

I will not name players as its unfair to criticise someone who is doing their best for the team, I don't believe any of them play badly on purpose its just some are not good enough but thats down to what's gone on before.

I believe RB is the right man for the job and he will bring stability to the team given time. Last week before we lost to Villa everyone was on cloud 9 on how well we had started and looking upwards. Same thing happened last year when we won our first 4 games, look what happened at the end. Th football was poor, manager didn't have any direction and kept doing the same mistakes and didn't try to change.

We all as Everton fans should get behind the team and the manager and stop with all the negativity. How can people really think RB should be sacked after 6 games in charge?

Everton football club is in our blood and for some probably more important than anything or anyone will ever be.

I wish we had a team that lived up to our Motto NIL SATIS NISI OPTIMUM

We can dream and I believe it will be true but will I be alive to see it?
I wonder myself mate, the negativity irks me but I still comeback to read more of it. It’s like curry to a pisshead.

2nd point about everyone being on cloud 9 a week ago. That's not true. Bennys boys were, everyone else has been pointing out that we have decent 10 minute spells and look dire the rest of the time.
3rd point about how people think he should be sacked. He should never have been hired in the first place. Then see point above how we generally have looked pretty awful even in the game we have won (Brighton game asi
1st point: The negativity goes way back further than this week.
2nd point: It's a start to the season and takes time, we won 3 and drew one before Sat. We had moments in every game, I don't think we played that bad on Sat just lacked the finishing touch and our better forwards playing, It could have gone either way but once they scored they had a great 10 minute spell.
3rd point. Well the biggest FACT is he has been appointed manager so we should get behind him and the team.

If it's not important, why are people ripping in to Rafael for 1 loss then...
It is important. I believe Benitez thought so too.
But I also think he thought those players would be enough to get through this tie.
He’s having to make risky decisions like this because he knows we are always 1 injury away from a crisis.
If hadn’t already, RB is now realising the extent of the problem.

It is important. I believe Benitez thought so too.
But I also think he thought those players would be enough to get through this tie.
He’s having to make risky decisions like this because he knows we are always 1 injury away from a crisis.
If hadn’t already, RB is now realising the extent of the problem.
For someone who purportedly 'lives and breathes football' and has lived here for 10 years, you would hope he realised the extent of the problem before he signed the contract, everyone on GOT did, and some of us are blithering idiots. No names, no packdrill! (but they usually have numbers in their screen names).

1st point: The negativity goes way back further than this week.
2nd point: It's a start to the season and takes time, we won 3 and drew one before Sat. We had moments in every game, I don't think we played that bad on Sat just lacked the finishing touch and our better forwards playing, It could have gone either way but once they scored they had a great 10 minute spell.
3rd point. Well the biggest FACT is he has been appointed manager so we should get behind him and the team.

Ignore Marius mate probably best, ive noticed his posts are always dire and negative. Good on you for being positive. As I put on Saturday 10 points from 15 is a solid start despite being very tempermental football wise. Playing well for 30mins against Burnley after their heads had gone isn't enough for me.

3rd point I wont be backing Benitez at any point but I'm not asking for his head on a stick either. That may just my personal disconnect with Everton at the moment though.

Got to remember it some comedown from James doing magical things, Ancelotti being in charge, 2nd at Christmas, but suddenly having a despised man in charge, 5/6 injuries, not the greatest football and just a general shambles of a club.

But all the big clubs rotate their players in cup games - there's a lot of decisions the manager takes into account vs just putting the strongest team out there. He wants all players to get game time to keep them happy, he wants his top players rested, because 3 points against norwich is the same 3 points against man city.

The problem I have is that even if you put out squad players - we should be beating these.

I'm not even sure what the solution is - a lot of people arrive at the most obvious conclusion - just play the best team, but teams don't play their best side 40+ games anymore. You have to do it with squad players.
But that's the problem ,we can't play our squad players because none of them are good enough.

My worry is, I've seen the same issues under different managers, management and players. It's almost like it's a part of the club.

Lack of movement - players get the ball and immediately have zero options. Meanwhile, other players are STOOD watching, instead of moving into space or offering an option. This doesn't take skill, it takes commitment and willingness.

Closing down - We give teams so much space, they are free to run at us far too often. Again why? It's not a skill, it's commitment and willingness again. Any player is capable of doing it.

Tempo - we NEVER dictate the tempo, we play to the teams tempo. If it's fast football, we panic and play fast. If it's slow and dull, we don't overload them, we also play slow. Why aren't we dictating games?

Those 3 things are easy to solve and easy to implement. Change those 3 things and we've got an entirely different game. It doesn't take skill or expensive players. In some ways, it's a positive that we could very easily change our own fate. But it's also a worry that we simply won't/can't.

My worry is, I've seen the same issues under different managers, management and players. It's almost like it's a part of the club.

Lack of movement - players get the ball and immediately have zero options. Meanwhile, other players are STOOD watching, instead of moving into space or offering an option. This doesn't take skill, it takes commitment and willingness.

Closing down - We give teams so much space, they are free to run at us far too often. Again why? It's not a skill, it's commitment and willingness again. Any player is capable of doing it.

Tempo - we NEVER dictate the tempo, we play to the teams tempo. If it's fast football, we panic and play fast. If it's slow and dull, we don't overload them, we also play slow. Why aren't we dictating games?

Those 3 things are easy to solve and easy to implement. Change those 3 things and we've got an entirely different game. It doesn't take skill or expensive players. In some ways, it's a positive that we could very easily change our own fate. But it's also a worry that we simply won't/can't.

Lack of movement, closing down and tempo come from central midfield. We picked our weakest possible combination last night. I'm yet to see Gomes impose himself on a game he started since his comeback from injury. He is an absolute dream opponent to play against because you know he can't compete physically in English football. Davies is just the same player he was a couple of years ago. Hasn't kicked on and time is running out for him.

We also struggle to get a grip of games with the Holgate and Godfrey duo because both are pretty woeful in the air and neither can defend on the front foot. We can't sustain possession or attacks because they can't win the long ball and allow the opposition 9 to hold it up.

If you pick sub standard defenders and midfielders then you have no spine to the team. This selection was the selection of a manager who wasn't taking the game seriously.

Yes we lost last night, yes to a lower league team, thats the nature of any cup. Unfortunately it seems to happen too often for our beloved Everton.
Everton haven't won a trophy since 1995 yet each year we dream this could be the year.

The truth is looking at our squad its poor, I personally don't rate many of our players. Some have been great in the past but as we all get older so do they and you can see. We have some good players and some that are proving that hard work and dedication and the right team behind them can prove pivotal in a players career

I will not name players as its unfair to criticise someone who is doing their best for the team, I don't believe any of them play badly on purpose its just some are not good enough but thats down to what's gone on before.

I believe RB is the right man for the job and he will bring stability to the team given time. Last week before we lost to Villa everyone was on cloud 9 on how well we had started and looking upwards. Same thing happened last year when we won our first 4 games, look what happened at the end. Th football was poor, manager didn't have any direction and kept doing the same mistakes and didn't try to change.

Everton football club is in our blood and for some probably more important than anything or anyone will ever be.

I wish we had a team that lived up to our Motto NIL SATIS NISI OPTIMUM

We can dream and I believe it will be true but will I be alive to see it?
Post loads mate.
Watch the language though.

Lack of movement, closing down and tempo come from central midfield.
Closing down starts with the forwards. Movement with them and the wide players as much as anyone else. No-one was doing it much in the first half yesterday. They don't all need to wait for Gomes and Davies to hold their hands and show them what to do.

3rd point about how people think he should be sacked. He should never have been hired in the first place. Then see point above how we generally have looked pretty awful even in the game we have won (Brighton game aside).
Amen to this!

Status
Not open for further replies.