Match Thread Queens Park Rangers v Everton - Preview, Match Report and MotM Poll

Everton Man of the Match

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Very Good, Looked Like He Gave a Damn
Townsend

Decent
Gordon

OK
Digne

Poor
Begovic
Holgate
Godfrey

Abysmal, Putrid, Catastrophic
Gomes
Davies
Iwobi
Kenny

Did Not Do Enough to Influence the Proceedings, Someone Should Have Been Able to Come On and Put This Game Away, Yes They Played Well But FFS This Is A Championship Side
All subs

So Bad He Didn't Even Look Like a Professional Footballer
Rondon
I woulf have had Iwobi in the poor category otherwise spot on.

Brands needs to be held to account for this shambles of a squad. Why did we release our backup left back ? Why don’t we have a backup right back ? Why did we wait until deadline day to sign a backup striker from a farmers league at the age of 32. Horrible decisions and we need to make our voices heard to get this fraud out of our club.
I don't agree with the vilification of Brands again and again but the club needs to come out and tell us what is happening .I realise that we have had our hands tied in the market and that players want to leave and therefore must be let go ,saying that to have spent 450 million on players there must be questions because this team or the one playing last night was really bad .
Let's not gloss over the performance but the attitude shown by so many that do not seem to care is just not acceptable .
How Benitez can get positives from that is disillusional and very worrying from a fans point .
We have not played well in any game for the 90 mins or even near and as much as I would love to pin that on Benitez I think it unfair , some players are simply not interested . the most of the rest are not good enough .
Knee jerk reaction ? Not on your nelly ,I have seen some bad teams playing for us but that one was truly amongst the worst .
There are players donning our shirt that should not be within miles of the club .

A manager is responsible for every result good or bad, it's his job. Doesn't mean his head has to role after every loss either though of course.

Brands is the great unanswered question for me. What exactly is his remit? Because all I am seeing transfer wise is a bunch of managers being chopped and changed every 18 months and then the new men (who he seemingly doesn't pick) getting to bring their (obviously) own players in.
Brands is an issue. Its either 2 things;

1. He is incredibly bad at his job, has no clear long term strategy and keeps chopping and changing his mind on what type of player the club need to bring in let alone what type of manager we need or

2. He is incredibly weak at this job, and lets those above him call the shots and actually has little say in some of the key decisions and hence is aligning himself to the current mess since ultimately his name on the door.

I imagine it is no 2 (although some of his signings would suggest no 1 - I still cannot fathom how he thought Iwobi was either what we needed or was a good signing) but either way, it is very worrying

….very disappointing to go out of a major competition again at a key stage.

Townsend certainly MoM, scored one, made one & converted his penalty with aplomb.

No aerial dominance in the CB pairing, very poor challenge by Godfrey for QPRs 2nd goal was a major concern for those of us (including me) who see him as the next best thing in central defence. Rondon might be some way off being fit but I would still expect him to contribute in some way but he looks the latest in a string of back-up strikers who are totally ineffective.

Amazing that some professional footballers are unable to strike a ball cleanly. Their defence opened up for Tom Davies earlier & he dragged a woeful shot wide of the target from 20 yards. It’s the basics, then he hit a pea roller penalty from 12 yards that would’ve come back to him had he hit it up Everton Brow.

Another opportunity for Gordon gone, if he was the talent we’d hoped for he’d be making the difference in games like this. The squad below the starting X1 looks very ordinary.

Last edited:
Lp
Not playing our strongest available team was a mistake.Saving players for Norwich is ridiculous.The defence last night was awful.The manager has to take some of the blame as he chose the team.
Yep, Godfrey paired with Holgate is an accident waiting to happen, Keane alongside one of them last night and we may have come through it,sick of Mina now too,knew he would be nowhere near the team last night, another crock who just cannot string two games together,our first eleven is decent but when you scratch under the surface,our actual squad depth is championship level....at best.

Not playing our strongest available team was a mistake.Saving players for Norwich is ridiculous.The defence last night was awful.The manager has to take some of the blame as he chose the team.

Wrong. Benitez can’t afford the luxury of burning any of our players out. Our squad is paper thin and any long term injuries could cripple our league form. The club have done a dreadful job over the summer.

Wrong. Benitez can’t afford the luxury of burning any of our players out. Our squad is paper thin and any long term injuries could cripple our league form. The club have done a dreadful job over the summer.
We are 5 games in and they recently had a week off. If they are burnt out now then his training is massively overdoing it

Sheesh. What a site, what a state we are in.

Haters gonna hate, lovers gonna love. Had more than enough chances to win that game, I do hope Rondon is just physically unfit rather than being unfit to be a striker, he was woeful. Other than the penalty miss I though Davies was okay and only Townsend gets any credit. What has happened to Godders?

I guess, the old cliche now applies, free to concentrate on the League and proper cup. Sigh!

Status
Not open for further replies.