2021/22 Ben Godfrey

Status
Not open for further replies.
yes, true. I agree he's not right. hopefully something the run of matches will cure. but his head's not right at the moment. That was so strange that third goal. he was coasting as the guy was running rhrough, and then seemed to realise too late
:D

One mistake in a match he was clearly goosed in,playing out of position against a player who is one of the quickest in the league...

Maybe he just didn't realise it was Bailey at first, so thought he'd have the legs and then realised who it was and tried to recover?

He had nearly a month out due to COVID and clearly isn't fit. he's a young defender who still needs to improve.

:D

One mistake in a match he was clearly goosed in,playing out of position against a player who is one of the quickest in the league...

Maybe he just didn't realise it was Bailey at first, so thought he'd have the legs and then realised who it was and tried to recover?

He had nearly a month out due to COVID and clearly isn't fit. he's a young defender who still needs to improve.
yes, I'm not saying i want no mistakes. Im commenting rather on what an odd mistake it was to make. it's like he was thinking about something else, mind elsewhere

yes, I'm not saying i want no mistakes. Im commenting rather on what an odd mistake it was to make. it's like he was thinking about something else, mind elsewhere

We were just getting torn apart, like how we tore Burnley apart in that 10 min spell the other day.

It'll happen if we keep thinking 'hard work and running' is the solution to all of our problems. Villa had the better players available yesterday and made it count.

He’s a bit rusty, but it’s understandable why, and he’ll come good again soon I’m certain as he’s a great young player and superb athlete.
All there is to say really.

Not a right back and certainly not fit at the present moment. Should not be anywhere near consideration until his fitness levels are near to normal.

So I’m just wondering, by the rules of internet blues, does that now mean the magnificent Ben Godfrey is now the worst shambles/joke/disgrace* we have?

*select your favourite overused phrase

So I’m just wondering, by the rules of internet blues, does that now mean the magnificent Ben Godfrey is now the worst shambles/joke/disgrace* we have?

*select your favourite overused phrase
He was never magnificent to begin with. People rightly moan that some Evertonians tear down players - but some Evertonians just cannot seem to stop themselves building statues to players who show a modicum of promise.

A big season this for Godfrey. He has a lot of promise and a lot to learn.

Status
Not open for further replies.