2021/22 Ben Godfrey

Status
Not open for further replies.
So I’m just wondering, by the rules of internet blues, does that now mean the magnificent Ben Godfrey is now the worst shambles/joke/disgrace* we have?

*select your favourite overused phrase
Hasn’t impressed me once at centre half. He looked good in the full back areas, but at centre half he looks very vulnerable every time.
Neither Godfrey OR Holgate are good aerially so tonight up against Austin was always likely to happen.

Dreadful decision by the manager to leave out Keane against Charlie Austin.

Need to see more from him than abit of pace and that slidetackle in game 13 last season. Can he play the sport?

Well this was always coming but I thought it might take a few months. He's not a very good defender because he's not good at identifying danger early and preventing it without last ditch actions. I get that those last ditch tackles pop but it isn't good defending.

Alongside Mina he will be fine as Mina will take care of the aerial stuff. Alongside Holgate if we play a deep line like Benitez is will be a recipe for disaster as they are our smallest CBs. Need to be play 15 yards further forward with these 2 in the team. The compounding factor is both Gomes and Davies lack pace so we can't even get out.

Our CBs should always be Mina and Holgate. Him and Keane should only play if one of them gets injured

Status
Not open for further replies.