2021/22 James Rodriguez

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don’t think anybody has an agenda. They just see a player who doesn’t want to be here, is earning a fortune for doing nothing and think a reasonable compromise is that he leaves without fuss.

We don't know if it's him or us. Given that no one else has come in for James I would imagine he would be happy to play for us but the manager won't even put him on the bench. You can't blame it all on him without knowing the whole picture.

There might be an understandable reason that isn't to do with us wanting him or him wanting to be here. We don't know how much bonuses he may get for playing, automatic trigger of a 3rd year or whatever that has taken the decision out of our hands given the FFP situation.

Your last sentence. The $64000 question.
For me it's as long as I'm drawing breath. Because I've seen us lift the title trophy four times, myself and others from my age group are naturally stuck with the mindset we're still a big side. The fact is that as each year passes without a trophy we slip out of the collective memory of football fans who see us a big club. It's up to us the fans, to keep us relevant and a hats off to our marvellous travelling fans for reminding the Brightons, Leicester and suchlike for doing just that.
It's certainly a generational thing. I think we have excellent fans on our away following, but for me, one cup win I have zero recollection of, is a really depressing thought about where we are as a football club. I'd love the memories you have of seeing us win things and being able to feel we are relevant, but the way the club is going, I fear that will not happen anytime soon.

Status
Not open for further replies.