2021/22 James Rodriguez

Status
Not open for further replies.
Why would they do that?

That doesn't make sense. They either support Everton or they dont. What does nationality have to do with it?
A lot of South American fans follow certain players rather than an actual team. They are fans of the game rather than supporters of an actual club.

Wages.

Everton, I don't think, are stupid enough to pay another PL team anything to take him off our hands. And another PL team that needs him (i.e. any club outside of the top four) would probably not pay his wage either based on his injury record last year.

So we're looking at Europe. And Europe is, by and large, skint. So we tried to get clever with Porto but they sacked it off, and said no deal with Diaz. Then it was down to James taking a pay cut going there because, I imagine, Everton probably said to porto that we weren't gonna pay him to play for them without them giving us some leeway in a Diaz deal.

Istanbul came calling and we agreed to subsidise his wage but he didn't want to go there.

I imagine the Qatar move is happening because a) they have the cash to cover his wages and we don't have to and b) he'll be their big poster boy before the world cup. He's a huge, huge name, a superstar, and having him playing in their country for a season or two heading into the WC is huge. It's huge for him too.
Said this a few times Toff and it's pretty obvious really. No idea why people keep asking that question

Well I'd argue throwing £500m into the hands of Walsh, Koeman, Allardyce, Brands, Silva is actually the real reason.
I'd argue that if he dedicated himself to doing what his talent should be doing then we would have no problem paying him the wages he is on.

You can not have the highest paid player at the club treating it like it's a part time job.

This isn't all about money...... This is about changing the culture of the club and it's sending a clear message to anyone who thinks they are too good to roll up their sleeves.

I'd argue that if he dedicated himself to doing what his talent should be doing then we would have no problem paying him the wages he is on.

You can not have the highest paid player at the club treating it like it's a part time job.

This isn't all about money...... This is about changing the culture of the club and it's sending a clear message to anyone who thinks they are too good to roll up their sleeves.

This in spades.

Obviously its a financial decision first and foremost but don't underestimate the likes of Iwobi and Gomes are looking thinking "yikes if I want to keep my big wages im gonna have to start busting a gut and actually try look interested when on the pitch".

We've been treated like Pontins by our squad for far too long.

You shouldn't have to 'force your way' into a team that starts Andros Townsend and an unfit Rondon though.

He could score 80 goals in training and he still wouldn't be picked.

Yeah you should. I was told first hand that the culture at Finch farm was shocking, awful.

Benitez did his research on the club, not that he needed to, the most unfit mentally weak bunch of players.... Not caring even we lost

But hey, let's collect a load of mavericks and hope they decide to show up for the odd game eh

This in spades.

Obviously its a financial decision first and foremost but don't underestimate the likes of Iwobi and Gomes are looking thinking "yikes if I want to keep my big wages im gonna have to start busting a gut and actually try look interested when on the pitch".

We've been treated like Pontins by our squad for far too long.
Sadly I doubt we'd notice much of a difference from these two regardless of their effort lol

Yeah you should. I was told first hand that the culture at Finch farm was shocking, awful.

Benitez did his research on the club, not that he needed to, the most unfit mentally weak bunch of players.... Not caring even we lost

But hey, let's collect a load of mavericks and hope they decide to show up for the odd game eh

Aye, I'm sure you were pal.

Status
Not open for further replies.