2021/22 James Rodriguez

Status
Not open for further replies.
We banked on getting into europe last year to fill the shortfall somewhat. So in that regard, Ancelotti failed. We've allowed managers to constantly pick their favourite players and now we are stuck with a complete mess of a squad with players bought specifically for several different managers.

I don't understand how Brands is still in his position. To allow us to get into a position where we are so hamstrung in the market is completely unacceptable. His complete inability to sell players has left us in a terrible position. 20 and 30m players leave for free routinely at this club. It's totally unsustainable.
You're arguing against yourself there.

You say we allow managers to buy who they want, but then complain that Brands can't sell them.

If nobody wants them, you can't force a club to buy.

Id say he has world class ability 'on his day' which unfortunately has been one weekend out of 10 over the past 5/6 seasons.
In comparison i wouldnt level him as having the impact for example Bale has had over his career yet as a fanbase we wouldnt be creaming in our pants over Bale if he was here and he was providing the level of input/output James has.

Yes. Good post.

You don't know he's "happy" about it mate. The club could have said we need rid or the player has (as it looks like) downed tools anyway.

It's been abundantly clear since he got here that Benitez wouldn't stand in the way of James leaving or really even nail down that he wants him to stay.

It's a manager thing, that's fine, he makes the call. We need the wages off the books, player wants to go, move him on. Don't do it when you can't replace them, though, and we happen to be in the middle of an injury crisis 4 weeks into the season.

They don’t though, because we don’t live in the past. We live in the now and the now dictates that all these old idols of yours would either be too unfit to pass a medical or would get sent off for pushing goalkeepers in to the goal.

Dixie Dean, the club legend, would not even start for a league one team in this day and age and that’s me being generous.
'Unfit to pass a medical' ???? You are talking utter [Poor language removed]. What type of medical passes Rodriguez as fit?

Status
Not open for further replies.