2021/22 Rafael Benitez

Well?

• IN

• OUT

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.
It’s one game ffs, we move on. Our team was crippled with injuries last night. We had our two best attackers out, and a couple of our players made some dodgy mistakes. Before that tho we was in the game and still creating some very good chances ourselves.
That’s fine, I’m not panicking

but, our 2 best attackers, our goalkeeper and our only good (ish) right-back are out for the next 3 weeks.

Our defenders have been making dodgy mistakes since the start of the season

We lack any ability to change games atm

so saying it’s just one game is fine, but you’ve then given reasons that aren’t going to change (or have shown no sign of changing) any time soon

I don't think we played too bad given the injuries, We were going toe to toe with them and just couldn't get that goal on the counter we were looking for, The goals we conceded were really tragic though and nothing to do with the manager, I mean Digne get's spun so easily and then just a complete fluke OG kills you off.
Take out two first team strikers for 99% of clubs and they'll struggle.

I don't think we played too bad given the injuries, We were going toe to toe with them and just couldn't get that goal on the counter we were looking for, The goals we conceded were really tragic though and nothing to do with the manager, I mean Digne get's spun so easily and then just a complete fluke OG kills you off.
Take out two first team strikers for 99% of clubs and they'll struggle.
Villa are 'kin rubbish and would have been mauled by a fully fit Everton team.

The Everton team that faced Leeds runs out 3-0 winners aginst that tat.

Villa are 'kin rubbish and would have been mauled by a fully fit Everton team.

The Everton team that faced Leeds runs out 3-0 winners aginst that tat.
They're alright but I didn't feel threatened by them all game, We were dealing with them comfortably then two quickfire goals just killed us.

Ings and Watkins were pretty quiet.

Not recognising fan immaturity is a thing and the trouble although I would call it tribalism. Not as if tribal and football is a new concept, football breathes tribalism, it energizes the fan to create the atmosphere. The atmosphere that was missed last year noted in every match as our football was in empty stadiums.
Which is why I said it was a bad hire. Tribalism shouldn't happen within a tribe though. Tribes are supposed to stick together to combat other tribes.

As Sharp said a man and his dog.

Goodison will be bouncing come Norwich game and behind the manager and players whilst the Kult keep spewing their hate expecting a team without 4 key players missing and a half fit 32 yr old back up striker to be hammering the side away from home who put 7 past Liverpool last season.

Injuries and Digne lost us that game no one else.

Status
Not open for further replies.