2021/22 Rafael Benitez

Well?

• IN

• OUT

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.
He inherited a squad full of cowards with their confidence on the floor after Ancelotti, gets less than £2M to spend in the summer, finds himself one senior first team player down a week after taking charge, another one who earns the highest wage who Brands fails to get out the door and he hangs about his squad like a bad smell, and now an injury crisis that robs him of the whole attack and with injuries to the captain and GK....and we're 5th in the league.

Take
That
In
Can’t help any of that and I don’t think anyone is blaming him for injuries. I will question the club and Benitez failing to get the right-back over the line in the summer and the decision to play Coleman v Burnley. It was always going to come back and bite us.

My worry is we didn’t play all that different yesterday to how we did on Monday or in the Southampton game, or at Huddersfield. People were hailing two of those displays but really we’ve been pretty crap for large spells of those matches and played in 10-minute bursts. We saw what happened yesterday when the shoe was on the other foot and a team had the depth to do that to us

I didn't want Allardyce because of his style of football and the arrogance of the man and its pretty much the same with Benitez. However given what's gone on in the last 5 years I was actually willing to give him a chance. However his starting tactics in the Burnley match and his failure to react in the Villa match now convince me he needs to be gone before he can do too much damage. I feel sorry for him in the sense he's had a very small budget but that must have been explained before he took the job.
Gone when. And replaced by who.
Pay off another manager after 5 games .
Madness

I didn't want Allardyce because of his style of football and the arrogance of the man and its pretty much the same with Benitez. However given what's gone on in the last 5 years I was actually willing to give him a chance. However his starting tactics in the Burnley match and his failure to react in the Villa match now convince me he needs to be gone before he can do too much damage. I feel sorry for him in the sense he's had a very small budget but that must have been explained before he took the job.
We won the Burnlry game 3 1 and in the other his options were basically killed by injuries?

Can’t help any of that and I don’t think anyone is blaming him for injuries. I will question the club and Benitez failing to get the right-back over the line in the summer and the decision to play Coleman v Burnley. It was always going to come back and bite us.

My worry is we didn’t play all that different yesterday to how we did on Monday or in the Southampton game, or at Huddersfield. People were hailing two of those displays but really we’ve been pretty crap for large spells of those matches and played in 10-minute bursts. We saw what happened yesterday when the shoe was on the other foot and a team had the depth to do that to us
A post so muddle headed and wrong about everything it's difficult to know where to start with it.

We won the Burnlry game 3 1 and in the other his options were basically killed by injuries?

We did indeed beat Burnley 3-1 which is why I said his starting tactics. He got lucky that it was only Burnley we were playing or we would have been further behind. In the Villa game why bring Kenny on at 3-0 down at least try and salvage something.

I agree. My point probably more was he should never have been appointed. I know we are stuck with him unless he decides he wants to walk which is unlikely.
Let's judge him in May. Not 5 games in when we have started fairly well . We are gonna lose around 10 games this season roughly its what we do unfortunately. But we can't over react to every one.

We did indeed beat Burnley 3-1 which is why I said his starting tactics. He got lucky that it was only Burnley we were playing or we would have been further behind. In the Villa game why bring Kenny on at 3-0 down at least try and salvage something.
How we going to salvage something when were 3 0 down and the striking options were Injured before the game?
By 3 0 down all that mattered was QPR and Norwich

Let's judge him in May. Not 5 games in when we have started fairly well . We are gonna lose around 10 games this season roughly its what we do unfortunately. But we can't over react to every one.

It's his decision making that I'm questioning and I think its suspect. As I said I wanted to get behind him and give him the benefit of the doubt but the manner of the capitulation makes it difficult for me to do that. Norwich next week is massive. They are poor and even with 4 first teamers and 4 squad players missing we should have enough. If he sets out negatively I think it will be a sign of things to come.

I wasn’t keen on the Benitez appointment at all but I will give him till the end of the season at least. No matter how badly we do. Constantly changing managers just doesn’t work.

Also, he has been desperately unlucky with injuries. Take the RS’s three best players out of their team and they would also struggle. The board have also failed to back him. We needed a complete overhaul of the squad after years of mismanagement by clowns like Koeman and Silva and yet the board gave him pennies. A couple of million. I think we were the 17th or 18th highest spenders in the PL. Pathetic.

I was actually at Villa Park last night (Holte End) because my son lives in Birmingham and I was so impressed by the way they got behind their manager and their players. They were every bit the proverbial 12th man. I sometimes wish we could be a bit like that. I’ll probably never warm to Benitez the way I warmed to Beardsley or Sheedy or Dave Watson, but as a proud Blue I will certainly never boo or abuse an Everton manager (or player, for that matter) for as long as I live. It’s counterproductive anyway. Verbal abuse has never improved anything and never will. Sorry, I’ve gone off on a tangent here!
Finally! Some perspective!

How we going to salvage something when were 3 0 down and the striking options were Injured before the game?
By 3 0 down all that mattered was QPR and Norwich

Maybe get Simms a run out so he actually gets a feel for the pace of the game. We may need to use him next week might as well give him a taste than bring on a player who isn't good enough. Before you say Simms is only just back from injury he was obviously fit enough to play some part or he would have been left out like Gbamin and James.

He’s done here. The look on his face in the post game interview said it all. Whether he’s been sold down the river or not transfer wise by Moshiri (I actually think he was probably told there was no money to spend before he took the job) is irrelevant, as he will end up taking the rap either way.

its for the best he’s removed and left forgotten in a very dark corner of the clubs history.

It’s one game ffs, we move on. Our team was crippled with injuries last night. We had our two best attackers out, and a couple of our players made some dodgy mistakes. Before that tho we was in the game and still creating some very good chances ourselves.

A post so muddle headed and wrong about everything it's difficult to know where to start with it.
How so?

I don’t blame Benitez for yesterday. Defeats happen and we were beaten by the better side on the day. We had very limited Options

I will stress that when people were buzzing off the likes of Townsend and Rondon because they work hard, or when Iwobi had 2 good performances, then this is what we get - there’s a reason these players never came close to making it at the top level.

Now our problem yesterday was the injuries meaning we couldn’t change the game. It is what it is. We collapsed in a 10-min spell, just like what happened to Burnley the other day.

As for the 3 performances I listed, we were crap for 45 mins v Southampton, crap for 60 mins v Burnley and crap for the majority of the game against Huddersfield. Yesterday I actually thought we did okay in the 1st half but we just didn’t have enough to swing the game in our favour. But when you get beat 3-0, anywhere, you can’t say it’s a good performance

Status
Not open for further replies.