2021/22 James Rodriguez

Status
Not open for further replies.
Completely agree mate must be a Benitez problem and not a james problem for sure..

View attachment 139182
It is a wonderful unbiased spot mate. ?

“I didn’t want James to leave,” the Frenchman [Zidane] insisted on Tuesday, the day before his side’s first-leg meeting with Bayern at the Allianz Arena. “He decided to go. He wanted to play more regularly, and I can understand that.”

“I’ve never had any problem with James, despite what the media might say,” Zidane added. “There are some very important players in this team, but it’s always the same, some of them miss out.”

“He will certainly be motivated, but that’s because he’s a football player,” Zidane said. “He doesn’t have to prove anything to anyone – and anyone who thinks I’m against James is wrong. He will want to go out and prove himself simply because he loves football.”
As me and you know mate, we have exactly the same problem as Madrid, as our squad and Madrids are practically the same in terms of quality.

We have a similar level of very important players such as Gordon, Townsend, Iwobi, Gomes and the like that are much better players. It is a robust analysis and we salute you for your honesty. ?

I have never said follow him blindly, I do think he’ll be judged on results that’s all
You maybe haven't said those exact words, but that is essentially what some of us are being asked to do in here.

I'm prepared to give credit where credit is due, and have done on numerous times already. But I'm not going to ignore mistakes he makes like starting 3 at the back against Burnley. If, and I say if because I'm still giving him the benefit of the doubt on this, he is refusing to play James purely because he doesn't trust him, then that's unprofessional of him and it needs saying.

You are correct in saying he will be judged on results but he will also be judged on performance. He's doing well with both so far and long may it continue. But if standards drop and James is still being excluded, expect fans reaction to change.

You maybe haven't said those exact words, but that is essentially what some of us are being asked to do in here.

I'm prepared to give credit where credit is due, and have done on numerous times already. But I'm not going to ignore mistakes he makes like starting 3 at the back against Burnley. If, and I say if because I'm still giving him the benefit of the doubt on this, he is refusing to play James purely because he doesn't trust him, then that's unprofessional of him and it needs saying.

You are correct in saying he will be judged on results but he will also be judged on performance. He's doing well with both so far and long may it continue. But if standards drop and James is still being excluded, expect fans reaction to change.
That’s the way it happens with any manager and you’re right it won’t change
People are just waiting to us the ex Liverpool manager piece as a potential stick to beat him with.
All I say is forget James, let Benitiez make the calls, if it includes or excludes James so be it.
The collective is far more important

That’s the way it happens with any manager and you’re right it won’t change
People are just waiting to us the ex Liverpool manager piece as a potential stick to beat him with.
All I say is forget James, let Benitiez make the calls, if it includes or excludes James so be it.
The collective is far more important
I agree the collective is more important than the individual. And I'm only asking for James to be given a chance to be part of the collective.

By all accounts he is popular with the players. He is undoubtedly one of our best players. The only person who seems to have an issue with him is the manager.

By the way, the highlighted bit of your post is exactly the sort of thing I was referring to when I said we are being asked to follow Benitez blindly. ;)

Barney, I agree with you that James should play a role for us and also that Raffles needs to be given a chance and that I was disappointed with the starting XI v Burnley.

However, if a manager doesn't "trust" a player then that manager, no matter who he is, will not play that player, no matter who he is.

Barney, I agree with you that James should play a role for us and also that Raffles needs to be given a chance and that I was disappointed with the starting XI v Burnley.

However, if a manager doesn't "trust" a player then that manager, no matter who he is, will not play that player, no matter who he is.
That's fair enough Khal.

But it doesn't necessarily follow that fans have to take the side of the manager on this. Surely they have the right to determine if the manager is wrong to take such a stance. People who believe that James should be given an opportunity (within the matchday squad, I don't expect him to be a regular starter under Benitez) are being told by a minority on here to just accept it and move on. They're the people I'm arguing with.

Fan reaction will change regardless of James involvement.

A part of me thinks if this guy was setting the place alight in training, showing strong and serious desire he wants to be in the team and the other senior players (and Benitez) recognised this then I'm sure he'd be in. I think the "feud" between player and manager would fade in to insignificance, especially given the players wage.

I'd hope he's not in the team because he's not deemed good enough for the fight that lies ahead. Who knows the truth? I don't, but if he were the real deal he'd be in, of that I'm 100% certain.

Think he set up for last season's Burnley. Couldn't believe how open their defence was this time out.

That's fair enough Khal.

But it doesn't necessarily follow that fans have to take the side of the manager on this. Surely they have the right to determine if the manager is wrong to take such a stance. People who believe that James should be given an opportunity (within the matchday squad, I don't expect him to be a regular starter under Benitez) are being told by a minority on here to just accept it and move on. They're the people I'm arguing with.
Oh no, mate. When we have had managers playing the likes of Martina and Alcaraz the fans were very happy with this.

The same for when the wheels fall off and the beating we took for large parts against Burnley continues for 89 minutes because we don't have a player on the pitch who can control the game but have a worldy in the squad that the manager won't pick because of a grudge. We should not descend upon him, we should applaud his managerial failings.

Status
Not open for further replies.