2021/22 Richarlison

Status
Not open for further replies.
Burnley we’re absolute filth last night and the ref let them get away with it
The tackle in the opening minutes from behind on Richarlison was a booking, the scissor straight through Richarlison in the second half is at least a booking in the modern game (even though he got the ball) and then one of them immediately went through the back on Townsend and again wasn’t booked.
In years gone by, Richarlison gets set off for overreacting and snapping one of them next time the ball is near them. It was great to see him keep his cool and keep working hard pressing them and chasing every ball.
Love him.

The tackle in the opening minutes from behind on Richarlison was a booking, the scissor straight through Richarlison in the second half is at least a booking in the modern game (even though he got the ball) and then one of them immediately went through the back on Townsend and again wasn’t booked.
In years gone by, Richarlison gets set off for overreacting and snapping one of them next time the ball is near them. It was great to see him keep his cool and keep working hard pressing them and chasing every ball.
Love him.

Just a shame he didn't get a goal really. That Tarkowski challenge - while he got the ball - was brutal and definitely had the vibe of some nasty intent.

Unfortunately with his antics even when he gets kicked he will rarely get a decision as he spends so much time over exaggerating. He needs to get back to basics which is scoring goals and being a menace to opposition defences. Gray is already looking like a shoe in on the left and if we play 3 up top he is then competing with DCL centrally and he always looks a bit lost on the right. Dropping him was unthinkable to me at one point but you need to perform to stay in.

Unfortunately with his antics even when he gets kicked he will rarely get a decision as he spends so much time over exaggerating. He needs to get back to basics which is scoring goals and being a menace to opposition defences. Gray is already looking like a shoe in on the left and if we play 3 up top he is then competing with DCL centrally and he always looks a bit lost on the right. Dropping him was unthinkable to me at one point but you need to perform to stay in.
It still is. He’s had a very good start to the season overall, even if yesterday wasn’t his best. He also got the crap kicked out of him again. He, Dom, and Gray are 3 of the first names on the team sheet and rightfully so.

Love him.

Disagree. Last night he got a bit of stick and certainly should have had cards shown on at least 3 occasions but for me I expected/hoped for more.

Last night he definitely did not play like a £100m Brazillian striker.

Apparently he left the ground with a face like thunder 10 minutes after the game. His reaction on being substituted wasn't great. He's a very important player for us but it's about the team, especially under benitez. Come on Richy, we love you but sort out your attitude. It's not all about you.

Love him.

The Gooners...

Disagree. Last night he got a bit of stick and certainly should have had cards shown on at least 3 occasions but for me I expected/hoped for more.

Last night he definitely did not play like a £100m Brazillian striker.
That’s a high bar and tbh I don’t think he’s ever played like a £100m Brazilian. I think he’s brilliant but Lukaku is the best forward I’ve seen play for us and he went for £80m.

Last night was a thankless task, he worked his arse off, got lumps kicked out of him and had next to no support in attack until we changed the formation. Then when it looked like we could score at will he got hooked.

Apparently he left the ground with a face like thunder 10 minutes after the game. His reaction on being substituted wasn't great. He's a very important player for us but it's about the team, especially under benitez. Come on Richy, we love you but sort out your attitude. It's not all about you.
Let’s not make this like the James thread with loads of defamation gossip unless anyone has a picture or video of him legging it?
Can’t imagine Benitez is the kind of manager to let anyone leave ten minutes after the match finishes…

He’d done absolutely nothing all game, why did he have a titty lip on about getting subbed?

I'd be far more concerned if he wasn't pished off when he for hooked No striker worth his salt wants to come off once his team have smelt blood.
at 3-1 it was the right time to introduce Rondon. I dont expect him to be happy coming off, but I didnt think he should be ignoring handshakes

Good post. Wouldn't it be bizarre and so unlike Everton if we have brought in his replacement for £1.7m before we sell him in a years time.

Status
Not open for further replies.