2021/22 Richarlison

Status
Not open for further replies.
Curious how we play now without DCL, what role Richarlison plays. Will Rondon come into the starting eleven, or Gomes, or the same eleven from tonight?

I'd guess a 442 Rondon up top, Richarlison playing as shadow striker, Gray left and Townsend right.

Not sure Rondon is upto fitness for that tbh mate.

I would hope we go 4-3-3 for Villa as think we didn't have hold of the midfield until we switched it.

Pickford

Coleman Godfrey Mina Digne

Doucoure Davies Allan

Townsend Richarlison Gray

Would be my team think we will get over run with just Doucoure/Allan in there.

More likely to see us go 442 with Iwobi behind Richarlison.

I think the most positive takeaway was how genuinely ecstatic and pleased he was with the goals scored, even when they did not involve him directly. Really sharp contrast from what happen with the penalty kick.

I just don’t think he is a lone striker. He did what he was asked to be fair to him, but he doesn’t have the presence to compete aerially with center halfs upfield or the strength to shrug them off/ hold the ball up. I think he did well behind Dom. Maybe he can carve a role out in that spot (when Dom is back).

My only negative about the whole evening was the fact he sulks when he comes off. He was trying not to shake hands and I thought he should have at least acknowledged Rondon coming on

My only negative about the whole evening was the fact he sulks when he comes off. He was trying not to shake hands and I thought he should have at least acknowledged Rondon coming on

Love the lad but his sulking winds me up.

If he just keeps his head down and keeps doing what he's good at i.e being a menace and working his socks off all game he's invaluable to the team.

His antics over penalties and his petulance when being subbed etc. wont do him any favours with Benitez.

I hope everyone has now seen that Richalison is not a Centre Forward.

His only counter to coming up against a couple of meaty Centre Backs was to fall over and sulk, no strength. no physicality.
Pointless throwing cross after cross in for him when he get bullied off the end of it.

His only chance was using speed against them but bulbous Benny refuses to play Hammy Rodz to set the passes up.

Random Salamander has to be up front if DCL is out.

Status
Not open for further replies.