Match Thread Everton v Burnley - Preview, Match Report and MotM Poll

Everton Man of the Match

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm going to be honest, I'm terrible at noticing tatical changes and seeing how games are changed etc.
Gomes seemed to change something and we seemed to have a little bit more control of the midfield when he came on.

Apart from the 10min where we scored goals etc I thought we were pretty awful, but when you play awful and still win, will take that.

Villa will be a tough game.. also worrying how we will do over the next few games without DCL

On a separate note .. thought richarlison did well not to lose his head... We've all seen him in seasons past lose his head and get sent off... Think it was Brighton away
The problem for me is we don’t have the wing backs to play a back 5. Digne hasn’t got the dynamism. And seems to drop back constantly like he’s on auto pilot and playing in a 4. Abs Coleman just hasn’t got the legs or class to play a RWB. Playing at home our wing backs should have been pushed up against their full backs.

But we basically had a back 5 for the majority. This is not a moan, but we don’t have any technical brilliant players, bar James. So it’s not always easy for us to dominate against any teams. This teams needs to play at 100mph to get the crowd going and beat yard dogs like Burnley.

Some poor stuff at times, but eventually a well deserved win. Good tactical switch from Benitez saw a complete change in the pace and direction of our play.

Covering play by Allan was immense, the other stand out feature for me was how we missed DCL. Rondon was statuesque compared to Richarlison, who is not really a traditional centre forward. Three really good goals too for the team and some wonderful football at times.

Some poor stuff at times, but eventually a well deserved win. Good tactical switch from Benitez saw a complete change in the pace and direction of our play.

Covering play by Allan was immense, the other stand out feature for me was how we missed DCL. Rondon was statuesque compared to Richarlison, who is not really a traditional centre forward. Three really good goals too for the team and some wonderful football at times.
I'm a bit worried about the Rondon signing. I always liked him at West Brom and wouldn't have minded him a few years ago but a lot of fans laughed me off with that suggestion. He's a good 5 years past his best now though.

Richarlison just isn't a Prem striker in my book, he hasn't the physical presence for it and it shows with the rough stuff he has to be careful not to get himself sent off. Tarkovski was lucky not to walk for that stinker of a tackle on the touchline. He was absolutely intent on causing harm

I'm a bit worried about the Rondon signing. I always liked him at West Brom and wouldn't have minded him a few years ago but a lot of fans laughed me off with that suggestion. He's a good 5 years past his best now though.

Richarlison just isn't a Prem striker in my book, he hasn't the physical presence for it and it shows with the rough stuff he has to be careful not to get himself sent off. Tarkovski was lucky not to walk for that stinker of a tackle on the touchline. He was absolutely intent on causing harm
There was a clear intention to cause Richarlison damage either physical or mentally last night. He gets little protection from refs, some of which is his own fault for his gravitational propensity. Tarkowski definitely should have been off for that malicious "tackle". But we know that ref of old .....

Rondon will be okay against teams we can carry him and leave him in the box for set plays, no way on earth he gets in ahead of DCL or Richarlison.

You play a system that best compliments what players you Do have, you don't try to force Square Pegs into round holes to fit 'A System'.
You do that and next you'll be faffing on about 'kin Philosophies and stuff.
K.I.S.S.
Yeh cos that 3-4-3 worked a treat for the first hour last night didn't it mate.

How is rondon a square peg in a round hole if he's a striker playing as a striker ??

Rob Hawthorn and "anyone but Everton" Hinchcliffe. The latter was scathing of anything Everton did, said Burnley should have had a penalty, yet in the same incident completely overlooked the Burnley players assaulting Pickford.

We really do not feature in Sky's plans at all and what we ever did to Hinchcliffe to make him such an anti-Blue I'd really like to know. Used to really rate him when he played for us, can't stand the bugger now.

Status
Not open for further replies.