New In-House Ticket Re-Sale Platform (no more StubHub!)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Anyone who's on te contactless season ticket.

Are we supposed to get a new email? When I go on my Google pay wallet and click on the ST on info it still says Everton Vs Southampton?

Are we supposed to get a new link to update it? Does it update itself manually nearer the time?

Mine didn't even work anyway, had to get a Stewart to buzz me in, what a mess

Sorry mate, your understanding of the whole situation is, in my opinion incorrect.

You've ranted about StubHub on here for years after two bad experiences (one I'd say was your own fault, the second around buying an OAP ticket instead of an adult was resolved soon after when StubHub insisted on Customer Numbers to list season tickets).

You've then been one of the classic cases of ranting away about the cost of a derby ticket on here, but not a peep from you on most games when you could get tickets for 50-75% below face value.

You've always been adamant the solution was 'simple' when it was anything but - as you now acknowledge by saying no ticket resale system is perfect. Indeed. StubHub wasn't perfect, but 'some' chose to overly dwell on the negative and completely dismiss the positives - or understand the limitations of alternatives.

And just to inform you - with regards to your continual comment around ST holders knowing the score before they renewed. This isn't true. The loss of StubHub, or how tickets would be exchanged wasn't announce or communicated prior renewal deadline. No season ticket holder knew how they'd exchange, or resell their season ticket prior to the renewal deadline.

I also disagree with you "This whole problem only exists because a large number of SOLD seats are coming up for RE-SALE"

This again highlights your lack of understanding. There would be hundreds of tickets on StubHub and you could list tickets as far in advance as you wanted on that platform. 600 or so tickets listed for resale was inevitable. It'll be the same for any midweek game.

I've worked in events/with ticketing companies for a long time, there's no event of that capacity that doesn't have hundreds of tickets exchanged prior to the event. Peoples circumstances change. Life, y'know?

Current season ticket holders - 9 in every 10 seats presold before a ball is kicked - don't really miss out. They don't miss out because the vast majority of them couldn't sell tickets for most games and if they did, they got buttons back. It's mainly people who aren't season ticket holders who miss out - StubHub was a lot better for those, a bit better for season ticket holders.

There's nothing about the new system that's better for fans who want to go to a game, or who can't go to a game and want to pass their ticket on. I also don't think there's anything better about the new system for the club itself - other than the PR headache around StubHub from misinformed fans.

Well as you say, that’s your opinion & you’re entitled to it.

If every ST holder used the 19 games they purchased (between friends & family), this problem would not exist. Fact.

Selling tickets at a 31% discount, only to find them coming back into circulation is not good business for the club.

Selling tickets for profit is greedy behaviour. It’s touting. There is no excuse for it, including the “average” argument. I don’t care if someone sold a Burnley ticket for £2.50. That doesn’t justify profiting on another game. That breaks the T&Cs of the ST agreement & is koppite behaviour.

That’s just my opinion.

Well as you say, that’s your opinion & you’re entitled to it.

If every ST holder used the 19 games they purchased (between friends & family), this problem would not exist. Fact.

Another indication of not being able to take a pragmatic, realistic view that.

That's never going to happen, is it? So you have to anticipate that and be pragmatic in the view.

But let's say it did happen.

Imagine if season ticket holders couldn't sell tickets.

Imagine if the club decided to enforce terms that only the season ticket holder ticketholder could gain entry.

We have 31,500 season ticket holders. Factor in away fan allocation and, well... it would be a nightmare for access to tickets for fans wouldn't it?

Now extend that thought and for me, the priority for any ticket resale system - acknowledging none are perfect - is that tickets need to be able to be exchanged as flexible and easy as possible.

For me, the club have a duty to ensure tickets are accessible. They have a duty, because like I was whining about on here in 2015/16 - the club increased the season ticket allocation by one third in the 2016/17 season. In 2016/17, the club 'celebrated' record-breaking season ticket sales - "The current total represents almost 3,500 more Season Tickets than the equivalent period last year, approaching a 15% increase and stands at 7,700 more than the total number from just five seasons ago, an increase of one-third"

The top, elite clubs don't do that because they recognise the long term implications of oversubscribing season tickets.

Selling tickets at a 31% discount, only to find them coming back into circulation is not good business for the club.

Again, disagree.

Empty seats, and a system preventing access to tickets is worse for the club.

Goes back to why teams with a bigger stadium and fanbase than ours have less season ticket holders.

Selling tickets for profit is greedy behaviour. It’s touting. There is no excuse for it, including the “average” argument. I don’t care if someone sold a Burnley ticket for £2.50. That doesn’t justify profiting on another game. That breaks the T&Cs of the ST agreement & is koppite behaviour.

That’s just my opinion.

The headline is - over a season, fans will pay significantly more on the new resale model now, than on StubHub. Without any doubt.

Wouldn't it be better if the club let people set their own price then charged a small fee for processing the ticket? Maybe £4 or so. If they're worried about people profiteering just have a maximum price preset for each ticket type.

Another indication of not being able to take a pragmatic, realistic view that.

That's never going to happen, is it? So you have to anticipate that and be pragmatic in the view.

But let's say it did happen.

Imagine if season ticket holders couldn't sell tickets.

Imagine if the club decided to enforce terms that only the season ticket holder ticketholder could gain entry.

We have 31,500 season ticket holders. Factor in away fan allocation and, well... it would be a nightmare for access to tickets for fans wouldn't it?

Now extend that thought and for me, the priority for any ticket resale system - acknowledging none are perfect - is that tickets need to be able to be exchanged as flexible and easy as possible.

For me, the club have a duty to ensure tickets are accessible. They have a duty, because like I was whining about on here in 2015/16 - the club increased the season ticket allocation by one third in the 2016/17 season. In 2016/17, the club 'celebrated' record-breaking season ticket sales - "The current total represents almost 3,500 more Season Tickets than the equivalent period last year, approaching a 15% increase and stands at 7,700 more than the total number from just five seasons ago, an increase of one-third"

The top, elite clubs don't do that because they recognise the long term implications of oversubscribing season tickets.

Again, disagree.

Empty seats, and a system preventing access to tickets is worse for the club.

Goes back to why teams with a bigger stadium and fanbase than ours have less season ticket holders.

The headline is - over a season, fans will pay significantly more on the new resale model now, than on StubHub. Without any doubt.

I agree with you that the club sells too many Season Tickets!

Should be capped at say 25’000 for our current capacity. Allow more access to members & PAYG fans.

I disagree with you that the idea of ST using the the 19 games they purchased is never going to happen. I think the club has allowed a situation where ST holders get to have their cake & eat it. I understand our neighbours have some system where you have to name a set number of relatives??? That would solve this issue.

I think we agree that selling tickets at a profit is unacceptable & should be stamped out?

Wouldn't it be better if the club let people set their own price then charged a small fee for processing the ticket? Maybe £4 or so. If they're worried about people profiteering just have a maximum price preset for each ticket type.

I don't think they are to be honest Joe because it doesn't really happen as for 90% of games there's not the demand. As for the derby/Boxing Day - I doubt many at all get sold for over the odds and certainly not the ones listed for a silly amount.

I agree with you that the club sells too many Season Tickets!

Should be capped at say 25’000 for our current capacity. Allow more access to members & PAYG fans.

I disagree with you that the idea of ST using the the 19 games they purchased is never going to happen. I think the club has allowed a situation where ST holders get to have their cake & eat it. I understand our neighbours have some system where you have to name a set number of relatives??? That would solve this issue.

I think we agree that selling tickets at a profit is unacceptable & should be stamped out?

I think your view of how often that happened is massively inflated and of course, people will still be able to sell some tickets for over the odds anyway if they really want - the demand is there for the derby/boxing day to sell offline - the new system doesn't stop that.

They've thrown the baby out with the bathwater.

I think your view of how often that happened is massively inflated and of course, people will still be able to sell some tickets for over the odds anyway if they really want - the demand is there for the derby/boxing day to sell offline - the new system doesn't stop that.

They've thrown the baby out with the bathwater.

Agree, we will never stamp out touting. It shouldn’t be happening on the club’s own platform though. I think we can agree on that?

I can understand this new system is bad news for some. I accept it was brought in after the renewal date. Not sure, but I think the club may still refun.

If next season all those who are unable to use their STs between friends & family decide it’s not worth them renewing, then this problem goes away.
Then maybe the figure drops to 25’000 STs & we have a better balance.

With regards the cheap tickets for “poorer fans”. Yes, I sympathise with anyone disadvantage, we live in a grossly unfair capitalist society…. But I never saw those cheap sales being means tested. They were there for anyone.
Everton are a business. Selling heavily discounted tickets, only to see them back on sale is not good for business.

Can’t please all of the people all of the time, but I think this is a better, fairer system than stubhub & will work out over time.

Agree, we will never stamp out touting. It shouldn’t be happening on the club’s own platform though. I think we can agree on that?

I can understand this new system is bad news for some. I accept it was brought in after the renewal date. Not sure, but I think the club may still refun.

If next season all those who are unable to use their STs between friends & family decide it’s not worth them renewing, then this problem goes away.
Then maybe the figure drops to 25’000 STs & we have a better balance.

With regards the cheap tickets for “poorer fans”. Yes, I sympathise with anyone disadvantage, we live in a grossly unfair capitalist society…. But I never saw those cheap sales being means tested. They were there for anyone.
Everton are a business. Selling heavily discounted tickets, only to see them back on sale is not good for business.

Can’t please all of the people all of the time, but I think this is a better, fairer system than stubhub & will work out over time.
You keep referring to the season tickets in this manner, but are they really discounted? Considering they comprise 30k+ of the ticket sales, once you add in the away tickets, probably 90% of the tickets are selling for right at £30. With that in mind, isn’t the season ticket price really the actual going rate, and the club themselves are effectively touting the single game tickets in an effort to squeeze a few extra quid out of people who, for whatever reason, don’t want/need a full season ticket?

You keep referring to the season tickets in this manner, but are they really discounted? Considering they comprise 30k+ of the ticket sales, once you add in the away tickets, probably 90% of the tickets are selling for right at £30. With that in mind, isn’t the season ticket price really the actual going rate, and the club themselves are effectively touting the single game tickets in an effort to squeeze a few extra quid out of people who, for whatever reason, don’t want/need a full season ticket?

Very good point, and the fact that the £40+ price is not seen as an appropriate going rate is evidenced by the 600 tickets currently available for resale at full price, when at £20 they probably would have sold.

Of course they’re discounted!

If I wanted to buy tickets for each game it would cost £40 a pop. Some games more.
I paid £525. That’s £27.63 a game, or the equivalent of 6 games for free.

It‘s a good deal. Too good. It’s open to abuse.

I potentially have covid, if not covid, a heavy cold. Reading through all this (amongst all the arguing) are we basically saying I won't be able to cheaply sell off my ticket for Monday night? I'd rather someone goes for a tenner than have my seat empty. I have a contactless ST and my mates all already have ST's.

Of course they’re discounted!

If I wanted to buy tickets for each game it would cost £40 a pop. Some games more.
I paid £525. That’s £27.63 a game, or the equivalent of 6 games for free.

It‘s a good deal. Too good. It’s open to abuse.
Again, probably 35k tickets to each match sell for ~£30. Then you’ve got a fair number of tickets which likely get comped to the friends/families of the players, staff and management. Also, there’s (likely) comped tickets for everyone who sits in the Director’s Box. Then you’ve got hospitality, which is an entirely different pricing structure. The capacity of Goodison is listed as right at 39k. I’m not sure how attendances are counted in the UK, but here in the US, our attendance numbers include everyone in the stadium; so media, vendors, stewards, etc. At this point we’re really only talking about MAYBE several hundred tickets that the club actually squeeze £40+ out of. Just seems like a stretch to me to claim that £40 is the “real” price when 95% of tickets go for £30 or less.

I potentially have covid, if not covid, a heavy cold. Reading through all this (amongst all the arguing) are we basically saying I won't be able to cheaply sell off my ticket for Monday night? I'd rather someone goes for a tenner than have my seat empty. I have a contactless ST and my mates all already have ST's.
Nope. You shouldn't have bought a season ticket according to some

Status
Not open for further replies.