2021/22 James Rodriguez

Status
Not open for further replies.
After enjoying their pyrrhic victory with James staying put for a few more months to sit it out on the subs bench, The Defeated should take some time to consider just how they got themselves into a position whereby they dont get to support Everton victories like the rest of us for the next few years but, rather, have to find solace in events like James taking the piss out of the club.

It's all very odd and sad. I honestly feel pity for you. How did you get yourselves so tied up and in a muddle over the appointment of an Everton manager?

Last edited:
A lot of the argument on both sides of the James issues is a bit silly.

There is no doubting the talent James has but equally there is no denying that at 29 when he should be at the very peak of his powers he arrived at Everton on a free transfer and twelve months later in spite of Everton being prepared to subsidise his wages then still couldn't give him away .

I think the manager should include him in his squad until January and see how things are then but I feel that may not happen.
The players were obviously allowed to take a few days away from the club and therefore James was entitled to his break like everybody else.
Whereas I dislike smoking and vaping he certainly would not be an isolated case regarding footballers, but for any footballer it is not a good way to extend your career.

You could argue that if he stayed back at FF and trained that he may have impressed the manager enough to include him in his plans but none of us know what the relationship between them is.

I have repeated many times that James wanted out as soon as CA left but couldn't find a club to take him.
I think that may be even more difficult for him if he spends this season on the edges of the Everton squad.
Genuinely if we are getting results and the manager can’t find a place for him ok but the stories to fit an agenda feel odd.

However We couldn’t fill a subs bench the other day even when using 2 keepers one of whom is 37 and has played 7 games in League one since 2018 so seems mad we can’t find a place for him there but there you go.

A lot of the argument on both sides of the James issues is a bit silly.

There is no doubting the talent James has but equally there is no denying that at 29 when he should be at the very peak of his powers he arrived at Everton on a free transfer and twelve months later in spite of Everton being prepared to subsidise his wages then still couldn't give him away .

I think the manager should include him in his squad until January and see how things are then but I feel that may not happen.
The players were obviously allowed to take a few days away from the club and therefore James was entitled to his break like everybody else.
Whereas I dislike smoking and vaping he certainly would not be an isolated case regarding footballers, but for any footballer it is not a good way to extend your career.

You could argue that if he stayed back at FF and trained that he may have impressed the manager enough to include him in his plans but none of us know what the relationship between them is.

I have repeated many times that James wanted out as soon as CA left but couldn't find a club to take him.
I think that may be even more difficult for him if he spends this season on the edges of the Everton squad.
Because clubs know what an expensive 'kin wrongun he is.

Everton have handed the world of football another lesson in how not to spend money. The world of football has taken note and swerved James.

I get that you don't want them here mate but Benitez does so they really are actually here.
Yeah and they may not have been if he had a decent budget. He got what he could afford, more money would have probably equaled different/better players. I’m not saying I don’t want them here.

Yeah and they may not have been if he had a decent budget. He got what he could afford, more money would have probably equaled different/better players. I’m not saying I don’t want them here.
Sadly we don't get to pick the players mate, that's been down to the manager this window. As I say, he has chosen them at his previous clubs too. He was always going to bring his players with him. Don't get upset by it though mate, they might do a job for us ?

why is it so controversial that Everton fans want to see one of the most talented footballers we’ve had at the club in a generation actually play football for us? can’t understand it.
also can’t understand us trying to ship him out on loan to Turkey with no replacement and an already threadbare squad

why is it so controversial that Everton fans want to see one of the most talented footballers we’ve had at the club in a generation actually play football for us? can’t understand it.
also can’t understand us trying to ship him out on loan to Turkey with no replacement and an already threadbare squad
The controversy for me is that there are people who want to heap praise on a player who took his kecks down and shat on the club multiple times.

Let him sit in his hotel and stew in his own piss for the next few months.

"One of our best players this generation". He's not even a footnote in this club's history.

He'll leave here in either 3 months or 9 months having stolen millions for his *efforts* and he'll be forgotten instantly.

It’s very telling that not a single club in the world was willing to take on his wages for this amazing footballer who plays limited games and takes off on private jets while his team fights for Europe

Status
Not open for further replies.