2021/22 James Rodriguez

Status
Not open for further replies.
No, but Dave's stuck in the Everton whirlwind drive that the club have an idea what they're doing, even though we've spent the transfer window making the squad older, giving Rondon a 2+1 year deal on £90k a week, and spent a grand total of £1.7m

Rondon isn't on £90k a week mate. Where on earth did you pluck that figure from?

There were a few reports that was the case, so I should have said 'reportedly'

Can't say for certain, no. But, would it surprise you?

He terminated his contract with Dalian and he won't have been on a low wage over there. Benitez was on £12m a year (£3m more than Carlo earned with us per-year).

Edit: Also, ketchup, sometimes mayo
I’d be disappointed if he was on north of £65k but not suprised I guess……
Don’t think he’s ever earnt that sort of money in the UK in his prime and he left China as they weren’t paying him and had already shipped him out to Russia. To get offered upto £6.7m in the Prem at 32 with the offer of an extra £3.3m if he does the business, I think that would have been enough to bring him back.

Rondon isn't on £90k a week mate. Where on earth did you pluck that figure from?

It was reported in several places.

I wouldn't be so sure, btw.

He was on £70k a week while on loan at Newcastle and two reports I've just read suggest his salary at Dalian was in the region of £8m a year (so £150k a week).

Everton are quite literally offering to pay another club for James Rodriguez to play for them?

We're thick, mate.

I'd like to think we're paying him the £50-60k mark. But I bet we are paying much more. Maybe £90k a week reports take the signing on fee into account?

I’d be disappointed if he was on north of £65k but not suprised I guess……
Don’t think he’s ever earnt that sort of money in the UK in his prime and he left China as they weren’t paying him and had already shipped him out to Russia. To get offered upto £6.7m in the Prem at 32 with the offer of an extra £3.3m if he does the business, I think that would have been enough to bring him back.

He was on £70k a week at WBA/Newcastle according to reports at the time mate

And like I've said, just read two reports which have claimed £8m a year was his salary in China.

We're a club that pay Fabian Delph £90-100k a week. Sigurdsson £120-130k apparently, Gomes similar.

We are not smart with wages and RB really wanted him.

He was on £70k a week at WBA/Newcastle according to reports at the time mate

And like I've said, just read two reports which have claimed £8m a year was his salary in China.

We're a club that pay Fabian Delph £90-100k a week. Sigurdsson £120-130k apparently, Gomes similar.

We are not smart with wages and RB really wanted him.
we are tragic when it comes to every aspect of recruitment

when has he “shat on the club”? i understand that he missed a game last season due to “fatigue” which didn’t sit well with many blues (myself included), i remember he might have missed the last couple of games as well to fly back to colombia / miami to see his family whilst injured (presumably with the clubs blessing). obviously after being made to train alone and being ostracised by Benitez his behaviour has not been exemplary but hardly anything too worrying?

Genuinely for a certain demographic of Everton fans (under 25) he will have been one of the best players we’ve seen in an Everton shirt.
Then I feel sorry for them. That really is 'kin tragic.

we are tragic when it comes to every aspect of recruitment

I don't mind him as a player (for the role he's in)

No way he should have been getting a 2+1 year deal and hopefully the £90k reports are wide of the mark but, if he really was on £8m a year in China, then it wouldn't surprise me at all.

Status
Not open for further replies.