Everton Summer transfers 2021

Status
Not open for further replies.
That's true but as posters have pointed out he's just signed a nice, fat three-year deal on the proviso that he is the DoF so should be doing DoF things.

A huge part of his remit is recruitment but he seems like the spare **** at a wedding in that regard right now.
I’ve zero desire to defend him but if the managers won’t sanction signing the targets he identifies and would rather go back for their former players then it tough to make him the only bad guy in that scenario.

In 15 months if it’s all gone wrong and we’ve have gray , townsend & rondon all not featuring whilst posters speculate how they’re on £400k a week . At the same time we’ll have people lambasting Brands for not shifting those previously listed , telling us how anyone not backing new gaffer Steven Gerard aren’t proper blues and Ryan Kent , Connor Goldson and Steven Davis will all have just walked through the goodison doors .

I’ve zero desire to defend him but if the managers won’t sanction signing the targets he identifies and would rather go back for their former players then it tough to make him the only bad guy in that scenario.

In 15 months if it’s all gone wrong and we’ve have gray , townsend & rondon all not featuring whilst posters speculate how they’re on £400k a week . At the same time we’ll have people lambasting Brands for not shifting those previously listed , telling us how anyone not backing new gaffer Steven Gerard aren’t proper blues and Ryan Kent , Connor Goldson and Steven Davis will all have just walked through the goodison doors .
Hopefully Stevie and Brands will at least be able to agree on the Patterson lad at right back though right?

Hopefully Stevie and Brands will at least be able to agree on the Patterson lad at right back though right?
A new Right back , in 15 months ? Come on now , I actually deliberately omitted both Patterson and tavenier from the new signings as I felt the presence of a new right back would make me speculating on the likelihood of Stevie GOD , as one poster here would undoubtedly call him , taking over seem unlikely and a joke rather than a sad inevitability.

You’re guess is as good as mine, but you’ve obviously forgotten the 2012 fa cup semi. 1 up v one of the worst Liverpool teams in a generation. And I can think of countless games as Everton manager, that we were negative and it cost us. Ok that’s no necessarily bottling, but still it’s poor management.

He would pick the players, the system, the style of play abs make the substitution’s as the game is going on.
I share your disappointment,but the must win game against Man U to get fourth. The sixth round and Semi the year we lost the final to Chelsea. But we just didn't have the players with the levels of professionalism to do what was required on a regular basis. Our squad was then as it is now lacking in quality in depth. Playing catch up with the big boys,with one hand tied behind his back.

We tried for Aarons, priced out, we tried for Denzel, Serie A champions took him, we tried for the lad at Rangers, he got the rona and Slippy G blocked it anyway.

Personally im glad we stopped there, aint nobody wants a 4th choice player, thats how you end up with Alex Iwobi.

We go again next June, COYB.
Sounds like the kid that got a D.......I tried mummy, I really tried....

We tried for Aarons, priced out, we tried for Denzel, Serie A champions took him, we tried for the lad at Rangers, he got the rona and Slippy G blocked it anyway.

Personally im glad we stopped there, aint nobody wants a 4th choice player, thats how you end up with Alex Iwobi.

There's more than three right backs in the world.

Seen this on SSN headline and was shaking then realised it was the WSL
fce4684b8f1bd8465f150edf3099c844.png

I share your disappointment,but the must win game against Man U to get fourth. The sixth round and Semi the year we lost the final to Chelsea. But we just didn't have the players with the levels of professionalism to do what was required on a regular basis. Our squad was then as it is now lacking in quality in depth. Playing catch up with the big boys,with one hand tied behind his back.
Yes of course or was always going to be difficult to challenge on a regular basis with the 3/4 teams spending money. When he was our manager, but he didn’t help himself. Abs I believe we would have won a trophy abs maybe finished higher in the league, had he not been so negative at times.

Look a Fiorentina, had he not gone over there to play for a 0-0 and gone to get an away goal. We may have won that tournament. They were a average team, a poor Rangers team, beat them in the next round. And we’d beat Zenit in the groups. He was a safety first manager. Always has been, always will

Another point regarding the season we got 4th. We got 61 points, I’d like a bet that’s the lowest ever to get 4th. Martinez finished 5th with 72. Who beat Moyes best points total in his first season.

I’m sure the 2nd half of that season we got something like 20 points out of the last 19 games. Bottom 6 form that. Luckily Liverpool were concentrating on the champions league. Abs the 2 other monster clubs pushing us for 4th spot, yes that’s right. Middlesbrough and Bolton.

We also tried for Maitlin-Niles, Arteta blocked it

Status
Not open for further replies.