Everton Summer transfers 2021

Status
Not open for further replies.
What I want to know is why the club leaked that they were confident of the Diaz deal. It's nonesense like that which gets the hopes of fans up (only to turn to rage when it doesn't come to fruition), but which also makes us look like utter chumps in the media.

Surely if they want to string fans along, it has to be a player we genuinely stand a chance of getting, or just general nonspecific statements about pursuing multiple targets.

We need to be a better brand, new stadium will help, but we really must try and get back in Europe and win something. It’s been to many years just making up the numbers in the PL. I do have more faith in Benitez than I have had in a lot of our recent managers, let’s hope he can get us going the right way rather than what we’ve had to put up with over the last few years. We do have some good players.
I think the whole model is wrong. Its like we are buying players at their peak value and putting them on massive wages. When was the last time we made good profit on a player or got good playing return from a player (digne). We have to put more trust in younger players that are not at peak value and hopefully reap the rewards. What are our scouts doing.

If Coleman gets injured Godfrey will play there, we have other CBS so not a massive issue Imo. But a dedicated RB would have been good but unless something happens late (Serge ?) we will have to go with what we have.

We've needed a right-back for three years. We're relying on a soon-to-be 33-year-old Coleman. With wingers in front, maybe not so much an issue, but the position should have been filled.

It was a priority position ahead of the window and they've failed to fill it. Again.

Suspect Diaz was lined up as a Richarlison replacement had he gone, mate.

Granted that does require believing the club is capable of forward thinking...
Nah it was all about getting James out. Diaz may well be the Richarlison replacement, for next year. Which might have been an actual example of forward thinking - to have him bedded in for a year.

No reason why we couldn't go back in January but of course our DoF doesn't like that window.

Serge aurier is a free agent could this be our rb? Go and sign him
The thing is - he is really bad, but he does provide pace, power and an overlap. Which is far more than Kenny.

At this stage, I really think we should consider it (which is embarrassing to say). If we could get him on a 2 year deal, I reckon we could still bring in some money for him next summer if we wanted better by then.

Again you have no idea he is good with it .
So stop making that up.

I said a few weeks ago I think a big part of us hiring Rafael was we knew he was a safe pair of hands during a period of required consolidation.

However that doesn't excuse us not going and filling a position we've needed filling since 2018-2019.

The thing is - he is really bad, but he does provide pace, power and an overlap. Which is far more than Kenny.

At this stage, I really think we should consider it (which is embarrassing to say). If we could get him on a 2 year deal, I reckon we could still bring in some money for him next summer if we wanted better by then.
I was actually joking but if the wages was right I’d take and as you say probably some resale value even if it covered his wages he’s paid I’d suspect he’d be on quite a decent wage tho

Did I really hear him "Praising" agents!!!!

First class knob, getting back handers from a scurge on football.

Absolute Bell Whiff of a journo

He’s on the payroll of the agencies I’d say, sweet little gig for all, he has a spot front and centre SSN, they feed him info and angles, he bigs up agents. Another little murkey cartel in the beautiful game.

Status
Not open for further replies.