Everton Summer transfers 2021

Status
Not open for further replies.
Only Liverpool really overloaded it tbf mate. Southampton got at Godfrey but their goals came down their right IIRC.

After that we didn't ever play it again so it's hard to judge.

But before that, for all the talk of it happening, it never actually happened that much that teams targetted the right side (their left) until that first derby.

Teams definitely targeted James subsequently but he only ever played right side again when it was 3-4-3 and that was only two games (Leeds and Fulham)

It's easy to make the statements - I fall into it myself - but when you think back, no teams scored goals against us in that early stage because James slacked off. Man Utd scored from that side but that was down to dreadful marking in the box.
United clearly targeted and it worked. Maybe the goals aren't James fault only but the system was binned because of that hole in it and I'm not sure it is patched up.

Sure benitez said he was expecting 2-3 in before the deadline closes in his pre match press conference. He’s been let down by Brands and Moshiri here. Clowns
I think Benitez knew the score when he took the job, as for him saying he was expecting 2 or 3 in well, he’s not exactly renowned for being candid and truthful in his press conferences is he now?

Genuinely fearing @davek will murder Marcel at this rate
It just underlines what I've said about him since his first window: he can only spend cash (when it's there to be spent) he cant shift players out...and THAT has utterly snookered us this window when we needed cash in to sign players.

Said it before and I'll continue to say it: Brands couldn't sell hot soup to starving navvies. He's no use to us, and the role of DoF is a calamity for Everton. Just let the manager do their thing and use their vastly more developed contacts in the game.

United clearly targeted and it worked. Maybe the goals aren't James fault only but the system was binned because of that hole in it and I'm not sure it is patched up.
It was very easy to target our right hand side when James played. People just don't like to accept it.

Doucoure had to spend the whole game trying to cover as well. So we'd be nullifying his attacking threat as well.

Status
Not open for further replies.