Everton Summer transfers 2021

Status
Not open for further replies.
Was talking about the start. James coming off the bench is exactly where he should be at the moment.

I think where I'm settling the more I think about this is the team is going to function best with one of Richarlison or James, not both.
That's fine. I don't even want James central. I want him wide right. However that would have required that right-back we've needed for three years to come in, though if Gbamin can stay fit we could play a midfield three.

The point is, and I'm sure you'd agree, we'd have options. And James is a very good option so people (not you in this case) need to stop acting like he's the worst player to ever play for us.

I expect he'll be part of the squad and we'll see him coming off the bench if we are chasing games, but he isn't going to be starting many games I doubt. Hope that if we have the odd bad result, the sight of James on the bench isn't suddenly going to become a stick to beat the manager with.

He's one or two injuries away from starting, and one or two injuries could happen in the next game

If we'd signed a right-back, as we've needed to for three years, he'd be able to be rotated with Townsend a bit easier.

But we aren't by the looks, so maybe we could see a three every so often in games James does start, and rotate that way.

We've looked the best we looked going forward in years at the start of last season playing 4-3-3, let's not forget.

It's about being able to mix and match.

I'd rather he left if it meant getting Diaz in but that's not happened so let's use him.

Ah well Rondon it is, not the worst window we've ever had so let's not knee jerk. Got rid of plenty of deadwood, failed to get rid of other's, Diaz would have been sweet but James is a problem for us, no other club wanted him and he obviously happy just collecting his 200k for another season, was hoping we could get Patterson over the line as I think he is going to be a smashing wee player.

We don't know what happens behind the scenes. So not n going to worry about it.
Boooooooooe keep your sensible opinions to yourself you freak!

That's fine. I don't even want James central. I want him wide right. However that would have required that right-back we've needed for three years to come in, though if Gbamin can stay fit we could play a midfield three.

The point is, and I'm sure you'd agree, we'd have options. And James is a very good option so people (not you in this case) need to stop acting like he's the worst player to ever play for us.
I like our current system and it is not a system where James can play wide right. Actually I only really see that as an option if we start to really press and failing that the right wingers responsibility for covering the left back will be something he can't overcome. I hate that I'm doing defensive responsibilities for attacking players but he's a bigger liability than can just be ignored.

If Vinny O says Rondon is all that’s coming in, with just over an hour left, I reckon - *crunches numbers* - we’re on for another 7.

"Everton are going to get Salomon Rondon - we're just awaiting the official announcement.

"Rafael Benitez wanted to work with him again and Everton needed another striker in after allowing Moise Kean to return to Juventus. Yes, Richarlison can play through the middle but Everton wanted another option as a back-up for Dominic Calvert-Lewin.

"They've been looking for a right-back but at the moment, it's looking like Rondon is the only player Everton are going to get in this Deadline Day."

All he has done is lower the wage bill and bought cheap replacements he has replaced players on high wages which he actually gave them that wage. We are skint

Status
Not open for further replies.