Everton Summer transfers 2021

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ha ha. That's exactly what I've just accused somebody else of.

But on the contrary, whilst I admittedly do hate Benitez and believe he was the last person I wanted to be our manager, (maybe after Steven Gerrard) I have accepted he is our manager and still support the team. I want the team to do well and have made many posts acknowledging his impact on the teams performance and indeed his positive effect on some individual players like Iwobi.

But I still hold him to account, as I would any manager, Carlo included, for things I don't agree with. The clubs treatment of James since he arrived is not good and nearly as bad as we treated Niasse under Koeman. It's probably on a par with how we treated Bolasie. Bolasie was gracious in return but James isn't that type of personality. That doesn't make the clubs actions admirable. Far from it.

Somebody made a decision for James to be removed from the rest of the squad. Do you honestly believe that James has made that decision himself. Do you really think he has actually refused to work with the rest of the squad.? Give your head a wobble if you do.

Yeah, I seen that after my post lol

I dont actually think he has been removed from the squad mate, I think he was one of the players who's had to self isolate and he was photographed training this week wasnt he?

I think that benitez is the type of manager who picks his team based on how well they do in training and james simply doesn't work hard enough, so he won't get picked.

You make out like there's this big conspiracy to get rid of James and how poorly he's been treated. I just see it as a player that won't work hard for the team and we now have a manager who demands our players work hard for the team. Tbh I think that's probably the story of James footballing career really.

he was the spearhead, the crown jewell, the hope. The one that turns water into wine.

hence paying £100 million and £500k a week for him, they cant afford that.

And he did.

What they couldn't afford was paying dross like ramsey £450k a week or bringing in players like Arthur in for €80m odd ect.

How anyone can look over the last few years of how juventus has been run and point a finger towards ronaldo and go "thats your problem" is completely beyond me. They'd be in a much much worse position then they would be if he didn't go there.

Question, if they hadn't of bought in ronaldo and spent the 100m and 500k a week else where do you think they would of been in a better position then they are now? Do you think they would of won the champions league?

I never understand comments like this. We have wasted our finances (£500 million for a worse squad) and we now have no money to spend.

This is why we care! We just want a competitive team on the pitch. When you spend £50 million (inc wages) on Cenk Tosun and he becomes worthless that money has been lost from the club.
You are missing the point mate, it makes no difference what any of us think because we can't do anything about it. That's the point of the question.

I dont actually think he has been removed from the squad mate, I think he was one of the players who's had to self isolate and he was photographed training this week wasnt he?

I think that benitez is the type of manager who picks his team based on how well they do in training and james simply doesn't work hard enough, so he won't get picked.

You make out like there's this big conspiracy to get rid of James and how poorly he's been treated. I just see it as a player that won't work hard for the team and we now have a manager who demands our players work hard for the team. Tbh I think that's probably the story of James footballing career really.
If he was training this week I take back what I said. I've not seen any of the training videos but then again nobody on here has mentioned it and I'm sure it would have been big news.

If he was training this week I take back what I said. I've not seen any of the training videos but then again nobody on here has mentioned it and I'm sure it would have been big news.
He was training yes.

BUt as discussed it felt like the club had made an effort not to publicise it as he's obviously heading out.

I don't think there's a conspiracy though mate. I just think he's been poorly treated. He's not the first Everton player that's happened to and I'm sure it won't be the last.

He hasn't behaved impeccably and I've said that in the past. It's just that there are load of people on here who have put all the blame down to James and I don't think that's fair. The club are at least equally at fault and I'm not surprised James doesn't feel wanted because, quite frakly, he isn't. You may think it's absolutely fine for the club to treat players that way. Personally I don't. It doesn't sit right with me.

Not seen that. I'll take that back then.

Shame he's not available for the bench today because I think we'll need him.
I think i am past caring to be honest. He isn't arsed, someone put well as soon as Carlo left, his head had left too.

Wonderful footballer but the only way we can afford a luxury at the moment is if we have 10 fighters, and the luxury player is up for it. He isn't and we dont often have 10 fighters on the pitch.

Also James infront of Coleman would be suicidal right now. At least with Townsend, Seamus is getting protected.

Status
Not open for further replies.