2020/21 Thierry Small

Status
Not open for further replies.
Unsworth got a Promotion to "Director of the Academy" instead of being sacked. Theres a huuuuuge problem at Everton. Too many ex-players have jobs within the Youth Setup despite not being qualified to do so.

It absolutely reeks. I dont expect loads of youth players to come into the starting eleven every season, but we arent even selling our Youth Players for good money. They either leave on a free or nominal fee. Look at Harry Wilson, didnt get a look in at LFC, couple of good loans, just been bought for what £15m? When has that EVER happened at Everton?
Mad isn’t it? I seen on here yesterday that Baxter is now working with the kids, would genuinely think he’d be the last ex Everton player that you’d want working with kids but somehow we’ve managed to do it.

always going to end up with the problem of a serious lack of knowledge for outer areas of the city when all you ever do is hire ex players that are local. Most youth players that do get pro contracts just stay around for years not getting games till they move on mid 20s and move around the lower leagues.

we definitely need to start being more cut throat than being the old boys club as it will hinder or completely stop any progression when we need it more than ever.

Who says it is too early though? I would'nt trust any of the coaching staff at EFC to make a judgment on a players ability tbh, if the player thinks they are ready then give them a go. They will soon make a fool out of themselves if they arn't ready and therefore not get back in again but at the same time we might find we have saved ourselves a load of money. You never know unless you give these kids an actual chance.
laugh-laughing.gif

Who says it is too early though? I would'nt trust any of the coaching staff at EFC to make a judgment on a players ability tbh, if the player thinks they are ready then give them a go. They will soon make a fool out of themselves if they arn't ready and therefore not get back in again but at the same time we might find we have saved ourselves a load of money. You never know unless you give these kids an actual chance.

i assume this a joke post?!

Unsworth got a Promotion to "Director of the Academy" instead of being sacked. Theres a huuuuuge problem at Everton. Too many ex-players have jobs within the Youth Setup despite not being qualified to do so.

It absolutely reeks. I dont expect loads of youth players to come into the starting eleven every season, but we arent even selling our Youth Players for good money. They either leave on a free or nominal fee. Look at Harry Wilson, didnt get a look in at LFC, couple of good loans, just been bought for what £15m? When has that EVER happened at Everton?

Ajax do the same like

Our youth setup is an utter joke mate, and no I don't trust the manager or coaching staff cause they have produced sod all in recent years, maybe just chucking him in is wrong I will agree with you there but we should be trying to integrate more within the first team squad imo especially as it looks like we are skint.
We have produced a number of players who are in the squad and get to play in the first team. But some people like to criticise their ability because they are not Phil Foden level.

Our academy produces as many Premiership players as any other imo.

We have produced a number of players who are in the squad and get to play in the first team. But some people like to criticise their ability because they are not Phil Foden level.

Our academy produces as many Premiership players as any other imo.
I could'nt care if they are Foden level or not (Foden i think is being hyped a lot tbh) It would be nice if we could just encourage a few more youngsters into the first team, that was my point instead of wasting fortunes on second rate dross all the time. Wish i had never made the post now.

Blame the managers then.
Oh I do, i hate the setup we have at the club, I think they are under so much pressure from Moshiri that even if they wanted to they can't, which is kinda where you would expect Brands to step in but he just seems to be a bit of an enigma.

Oh I do, i hate the setup we have at the club, I think they are under so much pressure from Moshiri that even if they wanted to they can't, which is kinda where you would expect Brands to step in but he just seems to be a bit of an enigma.

If a 17/18 year old is exceptional you can bet your arse they’ll play but they aren’t unfortunately. We also now have “mega” bucks, a new stadium on the way & an image of trying to challenge for Europe. We just haven’t got the club philosophy anymore to play kids that aren’t exceptional.

Ajax do the same like

Ajax seem to be the 'model' were following under Brands -- in terms of former players taking on roles.

The thing is, you never know if someone who has been a top player would become a good coach.

Carsley seems to have a good reputation while ive not heard about others like Cahill, though he may be so well off he fancies something else...

Not too bothered if we have a bunch of failed former players in the academy as long as theyre good coaches.

Not seen anything to show that we have good coaches or progression into the first team...hopefully that changes soon.

Status
Not open for further replies.