2020/21 James Rodriguez

Status
Not open for further replies.
Begovic, Gray and Townsend

OR

James

Its not a hard decision.

The club have an option for a 3rd season. We should be able to trigger it any time and he wouldnt need to sign anything.
Those three are just squad players who didn't really cost us anything. I doubt they have any baring on us selling or buying anyone.

Isn't that the same quote retranslated from his twitch stream the other week? Basically him saying..."I don't know" where I'll be playing?

The only reason Allan and Rodriguez came is cos of Carlo. So it's not really a surprise.
It’s almost like we got a big name manager that attracted big name players, then we got upset that the big name players admitted being attracted by the big name manager

We haven't recruited any players yet to help accomodate James. He needs lots of pace and energy around him and we haven't got that.

If we don't put foundations in place to fit him in then there isn't much point keeping him.

Bit of a lost cause when the main foundation would be for the manager to put him front and centre of everything.

Bit of a lost cause when the main foundation would be for the manager to put him front and centre of everything.

Actually don't agree with this. He's unavailable too often to have a whole side built around him. That was part of our problem last year. When he played everyone just constantly passed the ball to him even when he was being pressed, and when he didn't play, we had no idea what to do.

We needed a system which was able to cope without him and was enhanced when he played.

Actually don't agree with this. He's unavailable too often to have a whole side built around him. That was part of our problem last year. When he played everyone just constantly passed the ball to him even when he was being pressed, and when he didn't play, we had no idea what to do.

We needed a system which was able to cope without him and was enhanced when he played.

True but I was meaning as making him key to the club in general (captain, have a voice, be a key component on and off the field etc). Make him integral.

Arle Rafael doesn't have favourites so that wouldn't happen so from that perspective, those foundations we mentioned don't even get up and running.

But Iwobi is always fit so that's sound...

Overall I don't think we're doing enough to keep him.

Last edited:
It’s almost like we got a big name manager that attracted big name players, then we got upset that the big name players admitted being attracted by the big name manager
I don’t think anybody is upset or surprised that James only came here because of Carlo but plenty will be upset if Benitez shows him the door when he seems willing to play here next season

He won’t be leaving for free unless it’s the end of his contract. We’ve lowered our wages already so it isn’t as big a problem as last season, if he leaves for free it doesn’t help us go out and spend money on a replacement or to fill any other position. It literally makes no sense. Just more nonsense the same way his wages have gone from 100k, to 150k, then 200k+

Status
Not open for further replies.