Homepage Article Rafael Benitez Appointed Everton Manager

Status
Not open for further replies.
The point was on you saying Benitez will have fans on his case that other managers wouldn't have had.

So, who would you have appointed instead mate?

And how much longer patience would they have got from Evertonians if they had a bad start?

I get why fans don't want Benitez - I could give a big list myself, but I couldn't come up with any name as to who I thought would come in/be a good choice.

I said at the time the fact Spurs appointed Nuno who hasn't won a carrot & Palace appointed Viera who's a complete novice shown the pool of available managers was very small.

Add in the budget constraints this summer we needed someone similiar in style to Ancelotti to get some sort of tune out the players but also someone experienced and thick skinned enough to handle our dressing room and the fans when we go on a poor run.

If Benitez walked tomorrow the options to replace would likely be Dunc, Howe, Pulis or Potter to replace him - none of them would last 5 minutes.

It's not unique to him. @GrandOldTeam has shown several examples. He ran polls on Twitter - every single manager was divisive; indeed, Benitez was less divisive than many others.

What's unique - solely - to him is the type of people it's divisive to. Thick people. Bedwetters. Prejudiced emotional morons. And I say that confidently, because none of them can give me three footballing reasons why he shouldn't have got the job.

Because thousands of reds infiltrated the vote?

Why have we elected members to a ‘fan forum’ then ?
Is that just a pointless idea to make the club look like it’s listening or is it for non football related matters ?

If GOT were smart, they wouldn't touch anything officially Everton with a barge pole.

It's not unique to him. @GrandOldTeam has shown several examples. He ran polls on Twitter - every single manager was divisive; indeed, Benitez was less divisive than many others.

What's unique - solely - to him is the type of people it's divisive to. Thick people. Bedwetters. Prejudiced emotional morons. And I say that confidently, because none of them can give me three footballing reasons why he shouldn't have got the job.
That's not the same thing! A poll about who you want as manager is not the same as hating a manager.

Howe, Nuno, Hell even Hughes seeing as you brought him up, would not have this level of hate/fuming, they would not have fans of the same club arguing with each other, they would not have people against them from the very beginning. There is a massive difference here.

Sound, some of our fans are "thick, disgusting bedwetters and morons". great. They still exist. That is one reason for me for him not to get the job. I can give you another two, he works better with money (we have none right now) and he is about 15 years past his prime.

I'm not sure if that makes me a moron because I am not ticking the other boxes but I think they are fair reasons even if you may not agree with them?

The vote was only responded to/talked about by Everton accounts and didn't go "viral", nor was it mentioned on RAWK or any other major Liverpool fansite.

I checked as the thought crossed my mind. No it was a legit vote, with the voting numbers for all options pretty much universally constant.

Nope.

It was choices within a thread, so well engineered.

Sample size/total count was the same size as any poll we run.

The sample size was the same across all choices.

Every bit of engagement on the tweet was Evertonians.

Vote was consistent vs previous years, too.

That's not the same thing! A poll about who you want as manager is not the same as hating a manager.

Howe, Nuno, Hell even Hughes seeing as you brought him up, would not have this level of hate/fuming, they would not have fans of the same club arguing with each other, they would not have people against them from the very beginning. There is a massive difference here.

Sound, some of our fans are "thick, disgusting bedwetters and morons". great. They still exist. That is one reason for me for him not to get the job. I can give you another two, he works better with money (we have none right now) and he is about 15 years past his prime.

I'm not sure if that makes me a moron because I am not ticking the other boxes but I think they are fair reasons even if you may not agree with them?

They would; they'd have just got it for different, more logical reasons. Howe, not qualified, Nuno, disaster season, negative football, not qualified, Hughes, christ.

So same division, different kinds of people. Every manager would have had the same reaction after Ancelotti - again, the only thing unique to Benitez is the type of person bedwetting. As in, where I'd have been strongly against Howe/Nuno/Hughes, I wouldn't be insulting them rabidly before a ball was kicked and threatening harm on them. Therein lies the difference.

Nope.

It was choices within a thread, so well engineered.

Sample size/total count was the same size as any poll we run.

The sample size was the same across all choices.

Every bit of engagement on the tweet was Evertonians.

Vote was consistent vs previous years, too.
It's not Representative of divisiveness though unless you are running it next to a "how do you absolutely not want poll".

Again this is the problem with statistics. They never tell a full story.

It's not Representative of divisiveness though unless you are running it next to a "how do you absolutely not want poll".

What did you want him to do, run a poll saying "Which manager would you hang a banner outside his house threatening harm to if he were appointed?"

It's still measuring divisiveness in that every candidate had varying degrees of disapproval for the job.

Well, it is when you also have the same for every other linked choice.

So when it was Nuno Santo;

... when Fabrizio Romano and co;

.... was saying it was done and he was coming to Everton...

1627822494247.png

63.1% saying no. That's more than who said no to Benitez.

Also;

1627822579355.png

There was no name, no choice that had universal backing.

There was no name you could say would have benefited from a honeymoon - settling in period.

They would; they'd have just got it for different, more logical reasons. Howe, not qualified, Nuno, disaster season, negative football, not qualified, Hughes, christ.

So same division, different kinds of people. Every manager would have had the same reaction after Ancelotti - again, the only thing unique to Benitez is the type of person bedwetting. As in, where I'd have been strongly against Howe/Nuno/Hughes, I wouldn't be insulting them rabidly before a ball was kicked and threatening harm on them. Therein lies the difference.
No they wouldn't. Nobody hates the other managers (Hughes maybe...). There would be no threats or insults before a ball is kicked from anyone.

I think the problem here is we obviously have different opinions on what divisiveness is so this isn't going to go anywhere!

What did you want him to do, run a poll saying "Which manager would you hang a banner outside his house threatening harm to if he were appointed?"

It's still measuring divisiveness in that every candidate had varying degrees of disapproval for the job.
I don't want him to do anything!

There is a massive difference between not wanting Nuno as your preferred choice of manager and not wanting Benitez because you (rightly or wrongly) despise him.

It is not the same divisiveness. If Nuno was appointed those against the appointment would grumble a bit and get on with it. That's not happening in a lot of cases with Benitez. It is absolutely not the same measure. I don't really know what else to say if we are not seeing that?

Status
Not open for further replies.