Homepage Article Rafael Benitez Appointed Everton Manager

Status
Not open for further replies.
To be fair after carlo did a bunk we were not exactly overwhelmed with managerial applications and who is to say how good or bad they were.
Well none of us will know.

I get the feeling he was Moshiri's preferred choice from the start though. Probably saw one of his teams beating Monaco once or something.

It's not just a one off though, Allardyce, the weird obsession with Silva etc, why get DOF's in and then seemingly ignore them for what the manager wants.

To be fair, any appointment is 3 defeats away from sack shouts anyway. As Moshiri said back in 2019;
  • "Look, Everton is a very, very difficult job in football because you’re two home losses from being disowned by fans"
I mean, he wasn't wrong. We even had a lot of fans calling for Ancelotti to be sacked (Look back to November, we were 5th and fans wanted him out). Look at Koeman - fans wanted Koeman sacked - 6 games into a new season on the back of qualifying for Europe in 7th place. In fact, after the 7th game, Moshiri was issuing a statement of confidence and he was sacked after 9.

If you don't like Benitez, sound. But direct your fume at those who appointed him - the owner and clubs director of football. While fuming, maybe add weight to your fume by saying who you'd have appointed instead.
No I do and I’ve repeatedly said that and the quote you’ve taken basically makes the point that I’m saying that’s why I think it’s a ridiculous appointment.

My issues aren’t with him calling us small club etc but are two fold one I worry he’s a busted flush and two the division that this thread illustrates . If any manager loses that Southampton game the amount of people calling for his head would be minimal but his this bloke does we all know there will be a fair few , and I’m not including myself In that .

I actually understand the idea that this club needs a disciplinarian type manager but I can seriously see physical confrontations amongst blues before October if it doesn’t go well and frankly that’d break my heart, Especially as the media Lap it up . I suspect Benitez isn’t a bad bloke But a couple of games in the rift his appointment could cause at the club could take years to repair so I cannot for the life of me believe there wasn’t a better alternative.

My anger is absolutely pointed at anyone who felt this was the correct decision because I cannot for the life of me understand it . that said I hope they’re right and I’m wrong , I hope he wins everything and goes down in folklore but I worry the poison circulating is going to take some draining .

I get the feeling he was Moshiri's preferred choice from the start though. Probably saw one of his teams beating Monaco once or something.

It's not just a one off though, Allardyce, the weird obsession with Silva etc, why get DOF's in and then seemingly ignore them for what the manager wants.

A good question for which we will never have or get a response.

No I do and I’ve repeatedly said that and the quote you’ve taken basically makes the point that I’m saying that’s why I think it’s a ridiculous appointment.

My issues aren’t with him calling us small club etc but are two fold one I worry he’s a busted flush and two the division that this thread illustrates . If any manager loses that Southampton game the amount of people calling for his head would be minimal but his this bloke does we all know there will be a fair few , and I’m not including myself In that .

I actually understand the idea that this club needs a disciplinarian type manager but I can seriously see physical confrontations amongst blues before October if it doesn’t go well and frankly that’d break my heart, Especially as the media Lap it up . I suspect Benitez isn’t a bad bloke But a couple of games in the rift his appointment could cause at the club could take years to repair so I cannot for the life of me believe there wasn’t a better alternative.

My anger is absolutely pointed at anyone who felt this was the correct decision because I cannot for the life of me understand it . that said I hope they’re right and I’m wrong , I hope he wins everything and goes down in folklore but I worry the poison circulating is going to take some draining .

It's you with the poison though, not Benitez. You and people with your mindset are the problem.

You aren't judging an employed professional on performance. He's won numerous titles, is well respected and is more than qualified for the job. Instead, you are hating him based on him having another job once upon a time.

To be fair, any appointment is 3 defeats away from sack shouts anyway. As Moshiri said back in 2019;
  • "Look, Everton is a very, very difficult job in football because you’re two home losses from being disowned by fans"
I mean, he wasn't wrong. We even had a lot of fans calling for Ancelotti to be sacked (Look back to November, we were 5th and fans wanted him out). Look at Koeman - fans wanted Koeman sacked - 6 games into a new season on the back of qualifying for Europe in 7th place. In fact, after the 7th game, Moshiri was issuing a statement of confidence and he was sacked after 9.

If you don't like Benitez, sound. But direct your fume at those who appointed him - the owner and clubs director of football. While fuming, maybe add weight to your fume by saying who you'd have appointed instead.
The fume will always be loudest to a point on social media
Very rarely it does it transfer to the ground Martinez probably as bad as it has been for me inside the ground, ultimately it's about results then performance if benitez doesn't get results his stay will be short there will be no leeway given to him . The club know that and I'm sure benitez knows that

The point was on you saying Benitez will have fans on his case that other managers wouldn't have had.

So, who would you have appointed instead mate?

And how much longer patience would they have got from Evertonians if they had a bad start?

I get why fans don't want Benitez - I could give a big list myself, but I couldn't come up with any name as to who I thought would come in/be a good choice.

Who cares what you calling out, no one is listening. A big part of Evertonians will never accept your beloved fat kopite pig. Live with that.

Third time saying this now; I’m NOT a Benitez fan. Don’t try to pigeonhole me to fit your agenda lad.

You’re a disgrace to the football club and the fanbase. Abusing the first team manager before he’s even managed a competitive game. Give it a rest.

Just one more time in case you’re struggling to read, Benitez is not “beloved” by me, but he’s the manger of our club so either get behind him or put a sock in it.

Its fair to say I wasnt keen on having Benitez, but now we`ve got him we have to support him as part of supporting this club.

Both pre season friendlies we had two good 45 minutes and the training from what we`ve seen is a quicker tempo, I so badly want success for this club and if it is Benitez that delivers that I will be fully converted.

Do I think he will/can? No! I firmly believe the club is still too broken on the football side..........

Third time saying this now; I’m NOT a Benitez fan. Don’t try to pigeonhole me to fit your agenda lad.

You’re a disgrace to the football club and the fanbase. Abusing the first team manager before he’s even managed a competitive game. Give it a rest.

Just one more time in case you’re struggling to read, Benitez is not “beloved” by me, but he’s the manger of our club so either get behind him or put a sock in it.
Get a load of the Benitez fanboy here

Less of this please.

Oh, and you shared this in June;

... and every single one of your posts since have been about Benitez. Pretty sure every single one anyway, I only had a skim. Bit odd, though.

Starting to wonder if you're a kopite with a Benitez tat or something.
Defo im @hippopotamus postman and i delivered this to him,after a quick chat he said he was going to raffle it on GOT to find our biggest fanboi, hes made a fortune.
19055_800x600_svin1.jpg

It's you with the poison though, not Benitez. You and people with your mindset are the problem.

You aren't judging an employed professional on performance. He's won numerous titles, is well respected and is more than qualified for the job. Instead, you are hating him based on him having another job once upon a time.
That's football though! Without club rivalries you have nothing.

Realistically those who don't hate him not probably didn't hate him back then either. People react differently to rivalries, some get het up and hate everything, some or more laid back. Most peoples opinions probably have not changed that much.

A good question for which we will never have or get a response.

Seemingly being the word.

If he is ignored, then why not leave? Why renew a deal?

We have to assume Brands words' are true, and he wanted Benitez otherwise it's the biggest criticism you can aim at him. That he's just a nodding puppet.

Status
Not open for further replies.