Homepage Article Rafael Benitez Appointed Everton Manager

Status
Not open for further replies.
That people are surprised that some fans are reacting badly to the appointment is what surprises me , the banners and graffiti surely indicated it was not a universally supported appointment.
I have been somewhat taken aback by the childlike insults aimed at him.

Maybe I'm getting soft or old or both, but that aspect of it has been a poor reflection on this place.

Of all the problems I saw when he was appointed, this obession with his weight was not one of them.

Eddie Howe wouldn't have got 10 minutes. Mark Hughes wouldn't have had 5. People were saying they wouldn't have gone the game if Nuno was hired.

Division over the appointment was absolutely not unique to him. What's unique to him is the amount of bedwetters who are emotionally defective to the point they wish him harm, because he had the audacity of taking a football job.

Just like I don't have time to appease racists for not 'liking' people based on their skin colour, I don't have time to appease morons who don't like a football manager because of a job he happened to have in the past. There's no logic, no rationale behind it - just hatred because of irrational prejudice. They don't deserve the time of day.
Howe and Nuno would have been accepted just fine (at the beginning at least) Hughes was never happening.

It is unique to him. I hear exactly what you are saying but you don't have to pretend stuff isn't there to get your point across. It is absolutely unique as we have never ever had an ex Liverpool manager manage us. It's new territory. These people still exist, bury your head as much as you want but they do and its a problem.

There is a logic there though, the logic is football rivalry, I don't totally agree with it and you evidently do not but its still there and it still exists. (the racism comparison is really weird to be honest).

I’m genuinely trying I am , I thought I had really early on then fell back into being fed up and now As we get close to the season I just want to get on with it . I know lads who are on and others who are absolutely fuming , it’s a range of emotions. I desperately want us and by extension him to win that first game and win it comfortably so we avoid all this rubbish and then onwards and upwards .
I have just gone past caring to be honest. Means very little to me right now.

Howe and Nuno would have been accepted just fine (at the beginning at least) Hughes was never happening.

It is unique to him. I hear exactly what you are saying but you don't have to pretend stuff isn't there to get your point across. It is absolutely unique as we have never ever had an ex Liverpool manager manage us. It's new territory. These people still exist, bury your head as much as you want but they do and its a problem.

There is a logic there though, the logic is football rivalry, I don't totally agree with it and you evidently do not but its still there and it still exists. (the racism comparison is really weird to be honest).

It's not unique to him. @GrandOldTeam has shown several examples. He ran polls on Twitter - every single manager was divisive; indeed, Benitez was less divisive than many others.

What's unique - solely - to him is the type of people it's divisive to. Thick people. Bedwetters. Prejudiced emotional morons. And I say that confidently, because none of them can give me three footballing reasons why he shouldn't have got the job.

Nobody is saying there will be no problem. They're saying the problem isn't caused by anything Benitez has done; it's caused by the 'fans' being irrational.

I'm well aware that there'll be riots if we're 10th in November or whatever. But that's on the fans' toxicity alone. It's on them; they're to blame for being mentally subpar.
I'm not disagreeing with that (maybe a bit of the terminology).

But none of this can be a shock. None of it. We should not be in this position in the first place.

''If he manages to clear out 90% of the garbage squad he's inherited and replace with players who are improve us then I'd take that''.

That. I'd take that. And be gone by Xmas if he doesn't.
I'm all for having a clear out.
My point still stands Townsend & Gray dont improve us , they are bench fillers at best.
Remains to be seen if he can bring in players that improve us.

I have been somewhat taken aback by the childlike insults aimed at him.

Maybe I'm getting soft or old or both, but that aspect of it has been a poor reflection on this place.

Of all the problems I saw when he was appointed, this obession with his weight was not one of them.
Yeah I know what you mean. I think people are just chewing the fat to be honest

It's not unique to him. @GrandOldTeam has shown several examples. He ran polls on Twitter - every single manager was divisive; indeed, Benitez was less divisive than many others.

What's unique - solely - to him is the type of people it's divisive to. Thick people. Bedwetters. Prejudiced emotional morons. And I say that confidently, because none of them can give me three footballing reasons why he shouldn't have got the job.

The day after Ancelotti left, I ran a poll with all linked candidates. Only Ralf Rangnick had more votes in favour than Benitez.

There was no candidate, IMO, that you'd appoint on the grounds of they'd be given more time than Benitez.

I get the initial fume and kneejerk reaction. Still raging about it over a month later, to the point of personal abuse is a little odd to me.

You've got to let them get on with it now - all the fume and kneejerk reaction over the years has made Moshiri realise to not listen to fans.

I'm all for having a clear out.
My point still stands Townsend & Gray dont improve us , they are bench fillers at best.
Remains to be seen if he can bring in players that improve us.
They are almost certain to be better than Delph and Gomes.

He's won numerous cups in numerous countries with numerous teams.

We have won nothing in 26 years, and are knocking on 40 years since our last title win.

We are in no position to call him "crap". He was, by a massive distance, the most qualified candidate available.
Availability was probably key we were effectively fishing in a pond of managers who were out of work and benitez's CV stands out there no question there.whether that strategy works time will tell . supporting a team emotions are irrational but we are in general a very tolerant fan base but which ever way we think this is an appointment that has divided the fan base to a level I have ever known

I think there's probably a strong correlation in the fans who don't want Benitez for his kopite connection and people who are anti-vacc and refuse to wear masks.

Irrational opinions of the feeble minded.

You've got to let them get on with it now - all the fume and kneejerk reaction over the years has made Moshiri realise to not listen to fans.
Why have we elected members to a ‘fan forum’ then ?
Is that just a pointless idea to make the club look like it’s listening or is it for non football related matters ?

Availability was probably key we were effectively fishing in a pond of managers who were out of work and benitez's CV stands out there no question there.whether that strategy works time will tell . supporting a team emotions are irrational but we are in general a very tolerant fan base but which ever way we think this is an appointment that has divided the fan base to a level I have ever known

We sacked Silva without having a clue who'd replace him.

Ancelotti was still in a job, then.

This clubs board is a shambles.

Status
Not open for further replies.