Everton Summer transfers 2021

Status
Not open for further replies.
But, but, but, we can just ignore them, I mean loads of teams have broken them and nothing has happened.

*plot twist, no team has ever broken the Pl P&S rules

I think we might have avoided them because our owner’s company were allowed to put a downpayment on the sponsorship of a stadium that didn’t exist, and didn’t have planning permission?

These rules have yet to be enforced. I don’t think they ever will. If they ever are, I don’t see them being more severe than the FFP sanctions. Time will tell.

Villa are loosening Grealish, though.

To be fair, they have been canny in the transfer market for the last two seasons.

Them at Leicester showing us how it should be done recruitment wise & developing players too.

And nobody knows how big that impact would be. Hes a huge player for them.

I think we might have avoided them because our owner’s company were allowed to put a downpayment on the sponsorship of a stadium that didn’t exist, and didn’t have planning permission?

These rules have yet to be enforced. I don’t think they ever will. If they ever are, I don’t see them being more severe than the FFP sanctions. Time will tell.
The punishment for breaking them are crystal clear.

Points reductions.

Yeah this summer is a tight one - we'll be doing what Villa are doing now next summer when Richarlison or DCL is off for £75+ million.

We need to take some medicine mate, reduce the wage bill and actually stick with a manger and a plan. Ground 0 again. I dont want Benitez anywhere near this club by the way.

We need to build incrementally, two to three meaningful signings each window of a certain profile, ensuring resale, investing a limited budget.

We need to look at what Leicester, Villa, Leeds and WHU (though Davey takes it to extremes with frugality) do instead at looking at Chelsea, City and Utd.

Its what the club needs - whether we have the recruitment team to do it - or the owner to stick with a strategy - questionable.

Last edited:

I think this summer we could be getting it right based on targets rumoured

McNeil - 21, English, would link up well with DCL in terms of his delivery into the box from out wide.

Dumfries - 25 big strong lad with pace and power

Gray - 25 on the cheap and pace to burn off the bench
Where is the creativity coming from? Feel sorry for season ticket holders

Don't see any point deductions being given out with covid. Lots of teams will have big losses.

I don't know if its just UEFA but aren't Covid losses not being included in the working outs?

Either way we'll be fine next summer just have to get through this one. I imagine the club wont want to draw attention on themselves when they will be announcing a USM Naming Rights deal on BMD later this year which the authorities will need to sign off...

The punishment for breaking them are crystal clear.

Points reductions.

Well Spurs were deducted 12 points and banned from the FA Cup for their illegal player trading in the mid 90’s, only for them to pay 1.5 million and have the points deduction abolished and be allowed to compete in an FA Cup competition that they very much fancied themselves to win.

Boro were deducted just 3 points for failing to turn up to a game in 1997.

Im not saying you’re wrong, I’m just saying that I’ll believe it when I see it. I also think there may be a few ways around it if the PL are allowing sponsorship of non-existent stadiums.

We need to take some medicine mate, reduce the wage bill and actually stick with a manger and a plan. Ground 0 again. I dont want Benitez anywhere near this club by the way.

We need to build incrementally, two to three meaningful signings each window of a certain profile, ensuring resale, investing a limited budget.

We need to look at what Leicester, Villa, Leeds and WHU (though Davey takes it to extremes with frugality) instead at looking at Chelsea, City and Utd.

Its what the club needs - whether we have the recruitment team to do it - or the owner to stick with a strategy - questionable.

I dont want Benitez either, but what I appreciate is he seems to be in the real world so far about what we can do. It surprises me a bit as its out of character with previous jobs. I get the sense he wants people to keep to their word with him and he can plan accordingly.

Townsend and Gray are really realistic signings for the predicament we are in. We needed wide players, who can deliver balls into the box and carry the ball with very little money to buy. We have had managers before who might have dithered or demanded signings we couldn't afford. We have 2 in now, so even if all else fails, we have partially ticked a box.

If we make a big sale, we may get another higher quality player in, but we have got our insurance cover in. We negotiate from a position of strength, not knowing we need to sell to get what we need. It's a pragmatism we have missed a bit.

Status
Not open for further replies.