2020/21 Thierry Small

Status
Not open for further replies.
The transfer ban was imposed because they broke rules around youth players 150 times involving 69 different players.
Yes I know. But still their academy does produce very good players. Probably one of the best academies in Europe at the moment.

Yes I know. But still their academy does produce very good players. Probably one of the best academies in Europe at the moment.
lol, yes, because they break the rules to harvest up young players from around the world. Last year they had 37 players out on loan, or pretty much double the size of our entire senior squad deemed sufficiently surplus to requirements that they could be sent elsewhere. Lets at least compare apples with apples.

lol, yes, because they break the rules to harvest up young players from around the world. Last year they had 37 players out on loan, or pretty much double the size of our entire senior squad deemed sufficiently surplus to requirements that they could be sent elsewhere. Lets at least compare apples with apples.
As an aside, if you can recognise more than one of the players from the U23 side Mount played his last game at that level with then you've done better than me.

But a lot of their players are also local boys who have been there since the ages of 6,7,8,9.

As an aside, if you can recognise more than one of the players from the U23 side Mount played his last game at that level with then you've done better than me.

Only 2 are still at Chelsea.

Only 2 are still at Chelsea.

Mount is better than anyone our academy has produced bar Rooney in the last 40 years though. Also that’s only one age group, they have James, Abraham and Hudson-Odoi knocking about their first team squad too. No doubt they’ll sell a couple of them for huge money and replace them with more academy graduates to fill out their bench. They can do this because they consistently produce good players that will either net them money or play in their first team, ergo their academy is good and ours isn’t.

Mount is better than anyone our academy has produced bar Rooney in the last 40 years though. Also that’s only one age group, they have James, Abraham and Hudson-Odoi knocking about their first team squad too. No doubt they’ll sell a couple of them for huge money and replace them with more academy graduates to fill out their bench. They can do this because they consistently produce good players that will either net them money or play in their first team, ergo their academy is good and ours isn’t.

I don't even know what I wrote to warrant this Chelsea wankfest of a response.

Surely his path to the first team is currently blocked by the current French national left back? If he went to another club, does he think players of a similar calibre won't also be "blocking his path"?
I don't think it's an immediate thing.

He could be looking at the clubs preference for out of position underperforming players rather than giving a chance to younger players. Look how many games Nkounko got when Digne was injured....0. Instead we had senior players being switched around. Everton have gave very few minutes to Academy graduates in recent years bar 5 mins here and there at the end of games.

Other clubs, even Man Utd, do seem more willing to let their younger players make a claim when circumstances allow.

It won’t while Hippo is still there making 22 year olds play against 17 year olds.

It won't because we don't or can't recruit as aggressively as them. You could argue the south produces better players than our catchment area these days also.

Just for reference though our U23 side has been getting younger every year. At present the average age is 19.2 but that's skewed a little by older players like Gibson and Markelo that won't turn out for them. I've used the current transfermarkt squads but think they'll change a little once the season starts.

The squad could end up even younger if some more from the U18's are utilised like they might such as Mills/Mallon/Jagne etc.

Untitled.png

It won't because we don't or can't recruit as aggressively as them. You could argue the south produces better players than our catchment area these days also.

Just for reference though our U23 side has been getting younger every year. At present the average age is 19.2 but that's skewed a little by older players like Gibson and Markelo that won't turn out for them. I've used the current transfermarkt squads but think they'll change a little once the season starts.

The squad could end up even younger if some more from the U18's are utilised like they might such as Mills/Mallon/Jagne etc.

View attachment 134439

Does Baningime not count as an under 23s player? If you add him and take out Small who’s probably leaving, that average age will go up even more won’t it?

Status
Not open for further replies.