Confirmed Signing Demarai Gray

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hope the lad does well. Bit older now and point to prove so a 1.5m gamble worth taking in our position. Not all as lucky as the rest of the well run clubs with their new found success. As for the Leicester fans on here we get it. Now pop off to the rest of the PL teams forums buying your cast offs and let them know how badly they have bought and that they should all copy your scouting model. Seem to have way too much time on your hands judging by the last 131 pages

Hope the lad does well. Bit older now and point to prove so a 1.5m gamble worth taking in our position. Not all as lucky as the rest of the well run clubs with their new found success. As for the Leicester fans on here we get it. Now pop off to the rest of the PL teams forums buying your cast offs and let them know how badly they have bought and that they should all copy your scouting model. Seem to have way too much time on your hands judging by the last 131 pages
A club who made Islam Slimani their record signing and paid 30m for Perez telling other clubs how to sign players.

Amazing.

They need to stick to bottling 4th the utter tory rats.

Hi again.

I really didn't wish to come on here and appear too negative about Gray. I REALLY wanted him to succeed with us, why would I wish anything other than that because surely if he plays well for us, then we have a greater % at being successful overall.

I was just surprised that a club of your stature and perceived ambition (perceived, as i'm unsure as to whether Rafael is an ambitious signing - but none of my business), would want him, even if he is virtually free.

If my memory serves me correctly he was on about £60k per week, not peanuts in football terms but certainly not a freebie.

If he is to 'fill a void' on the bench then it's a very cheap 'gamble' and I wish him nothing but success. Just surprised he signed for Everton rather than someone like Luton, Derby or Sunderland.

Best wishes for the up and coming season, I hope you do well, but obviously not quite as well as us.

Hi again.

I really didn't wish to come on here and appear too negative about Gray. I REALLY wanted him to succeed with us, why would I wish anything other than that because surely if he plays well for us, then we have a greater % at being successful overall.

I was just surprised that a club of your stature and perceived ambition (perceived, as i'm unsure as to whether Rafael is an ambitious signing - but none of my business), would want him, even if he is virtually free.

If my memory serves me correctly he was on about £60k per week, not peanuts in football terms but certainly not a freebie.

If he is to 'fill a void' on the bench then it's a very cheap 'gamble' and I wish him nothing but success. Just surprised he signed for Everton rather than someone like Luton, Derby or Sunderland.

Best wishes for the up and coming season, I hope you do well, but obviously not quite as well as us.

I'm not convinced he's he answer for us, but I think he's a lot better than league 1 level!

People been telling me I hate Everton basically since the start of the calendar year so I'm not really sure I'm a happy clapper but... I like the Gray signing.
You could never be accused of being a happy clapper, that’s for sure. Fwiw I agree with a lot of what you say about the way we set up last year and Carlo’s ambition or lack of.

As far as Gray goes, I believe you were also firmly in the camp of liking the Iwobi signing so…yeah, says it all. I’ll look forward to a season of you spamming the Gray thread with posts that Benitez is playing him out of position.

You could never be accused of being a happy clapper, that’s for sure. Fwiw I agree with a lot of what you say about the way we set up last year and Carlo’s ambition or lack of.

As far as Gray goes, I believe you were also firmly in the camp of liking the Iwobi signing so…yeah, says it all. I’ll look forward to a season of you spamming the Gray thread with posts that Benitez is playing him out of position.
Gray I think is more two footed so he shouldn't struggle on the right the same way fwiw. Iwobi is just at the complete wrong club. Gray in theory fits better. He's a crosser. He's someone who wants to take players on. He's not someone who intends to pass to teammates a lot. These all fit us better.

Gray I think is more two footed so he shouldn't struggle on the right the same way fwiw. Iwobi is just at the complete wrong club. Gray in theory fits better. He's a crosser. He's someone who wants to take players on. He's not someone who intends to pass to teammates a lot. These all fit us better.
You’re not wrong re the type of player he is and in theory is more the type of player we need. The problem is, he isn’t very good. He isn’t anywhere near consistent enough, not anywhere near, not even close.

doesnt matter if he cost 1.5 millon or 50k wages

ITS STILL A BIG WASTE

waste of roster space. he played in leicester he wasnt good we saw it already

why he everton signed him? and who made that decision?

shocking

You’re not wrong re the type of player he is and in theory is more the type of player we need. The problem is, he isn’t very good. He isn’t anywhere near consistent enough, not anywhere near, not even close.
He hasn't been and we're most likely not going to give him anything resembling consistent playing time where he might be able to rectify it.

Hi again.

EVENING FOXES

Status
Not open for further replies.