Everton Summer transfers 2021

Status
Not open for further replies.
we'll probably end up covering a % Delph's wages just to get him out the door. The massive waste of space

It's a very tricky situation. He doesn't want to be here, we don't want him, there are clubs interested, but they can't afford his wages, so something has to give. Either he lowers his demands, we pay a percentage of his wages or we terminate his contract.

Not even close until we sell players.
You conveniently left out the earlier sentence in this post where I mentioned the need to clear some salaries off the books With Bernard and Gomes being a good start.

What I was saying is that unless we see a major sale (like Kean) that clearing out some deadwood for marginal fees and getting them off the books may allow us about 50 to spend.

I'm just guessing though.

Of course, so are you.

It's a very tricky situation. He doesn't want to be here, we don't want him, there are clubs interested, but they can't afford his wages, so something has to give. Either he lowers his demands, we pay a percentage of his wages or we terminate his contract.

Who we bringing in at right back on the cheap if we are so very skint?

…I also imagine that’s the case. I suppose much depends on who leaves and what other gaps need filling.

Exactly. Rafael was very high on Gray and believes he can be a big prospect with huge potential. Townsend is very trustworthy and Rafael knows he will perform.

Remember we still have Richarlison, Iwobi, Kean, James as well. Until any of these leave were well equipped.

You conveniently left out the earlier sentence in this post where I mentioned the need to clear some salaries off the books With Bernard and Gomes being a good start.

What I was saying is that unless we see a major sale (like Kean) that clearing out some deadwood for marginal fees and getting them off the books may allow us about 50 to spend.

I'm just guessing though.

Of course, so are you.

No I agree with you. We could potentially have 50 mil to spend, we could even have more, depending on who goes.

Exactly. Rafael was very high on Gray and believes he can be a big prospect with huge potential. Townsend is very trustworthy and Rafael knows he will perform.

Remember we still have Richarlison, Iwobi, Kean, James as well. Until any of these leave were well equipped.

….it remains to be seen if we’re ‘well equipped’. We’ve been lacking creativity & goal threat from wide areas for some time. Bringing in two players on the cheap with ordinary recent records might not resolve that situation.

Status
Not open for further replies.