Everton Summer transfers 2021

Status
Not open for further replies.
And I bet you've done nothing but moan the last few years about having lazy players who dont give a toss about the club and turn up when they want.

Now we have the chance of getting some grafters in the same people moan saying they want mavericks who'll play when they feel like it! lol

@Saint Domingo
Not me, go to the vaults. I'm all about the ballers. It's you moaning about James, why are you always moaning, get behind the players.

Emerson has already signed for Barca?

My thing with James is if used correctly - and for that we need other options - he doesn't need to start every match and in turn that could get more out of him. Like you say we had him for two years, let's just get the two seasons out of him. For what we'd get in a transfer fee it's not worth it and we shouldn't be so desperate to get his wages off the books.

I dont think Emerson was every going to do anything else after the 2 years at Betis expired. I think that was the deal.

My take is that they need money and have Dest and Roberto so a bid of £15-20mil may be enough for Emerson.

If im not wrong on James weve had him one season + this season is his final year. However im sure we have a 3rd year club option to extend his deal.

So we may still be able to keep him for 2 seasons.

At the moment we have James, Richarlison and DCL as 3 of a front 4. If we added Bailey and Antony to the group with Kean also staying then we'd have one heck of a forward line with enormous potential.

At the moment though the rumours of James out along with possibly Richarlison...certainly dont thrill me with confidence.

DCL, Iwobi, Townsend, Gray doesnt have the same ring to it...

The same James who wanted to be sent off in a pivotal game for Europe and flew off before the season even finished.

Cant get behind players who dont give a toss sadly.
You can't get behind players at all unless they are dossers who haven't kicked a ball for Everton yet (and in the case of Gray has hardly kicked a ball in anger in years) and were signed by your koppite hero. You'll turn against them all in time, it is your way.

Its a sad fact that we desperately need both!
There's truth in that, but shedding any players with any flair and replacing them with "honest pros" who work hard just furthers our Newcastlification (it could be even worse, I fear we are being Burnleyised).

Great in theory mate but we struggled to shift any players even before the market was covid stricken. Absolute pipe dream to think that we can easily cash in on all our unwanted players like taking your unwanted video games to Game / Gamestation back in the day.

We could easily name all the players we wanna shift:

Delph
Kenny
Tosun
Sigurdsson
Iwobi
Holgate
Baningime
Gibson

How many of them do you truly, truly believe will be sold?

These guys all have one year left on their deals...

James (+1 year option)
Bernard (about to leave)
Tosun (rumoured to want a pay off)
Delph (unhappy)
Coleman
Kenny
Baningime
Gibson
Begovic

I think we could easily move on Bernard, Tosun, Delph, Kenny, Baningime, Gibson -- we may need to be creative and subsidise a % of wages this year but they'd all be moved on....ive also removed one name for obvious reasons...

I think we could sell Keane for £20mil and promote Branthwaite.

Gomes may be shifted to Portugal.

Iwobi could be moved on for £12.5-15mil i think.

I know its hard but there are deals which can be done.

In theory we need to come up with £60mil for RB and RW this summer. I think we can achieve that through fees and saved wages going in a pot towards those 2 signings.

These guys all have one year left on their deals...

James (+1 year option)
Bernard (about to leave)
Tosun (rumoured to want a pay off)
Delph (unhappy)
Coleman
Kenny
Baningime
Gibson

Begovic

I think we could easily move on Bernard, Tosun, Delph, Kenny, Baningime, Gibson -- we may need to be creative and subsidise a % of wages this year but they'd all be moved on....ive also removed one name for obvious reasons...

I think we could sell Keane for £20mil and promote Branthwaite.

Gomes may be shifted to Portugal.

Iwobi could be moved on for £12.5-15mil i think.

I know its hard but there are deals which can be done.

In theory we need to come up with £60mil for RB and RW this summer. I think we can achieve that through fees and saved wages going in a pot towards those 2 signings.
Both aren’t part of the first team squad surely.

Status
Not open for further replies.