Everton Summer transfers 2021

Status
Not open for further replies.
You may well be proved correct, most certainly on the wages front especially.

My only issue with that post so far is that the outfield players we have already brought in this window, assuming that Gray is a done deal, are no better than any of the deadwood players you list above. We're just replacing expensive deadwood with cheap deadwood, or not in the case of Townsend.

I accept it may look different come the end of the window but so far I am underwhelmed with our signings
hes actually wrong because he for his own purposes avoided mentioning Bolasie, Besic and Walcott - massive wage earners last season who have now left.

Walcott 5.8m a year, Bolasie 3.9m, Besic 1.5m

Genuine question. How can he make them leave if they don’t want to?
Well you can't, the only possible way would maybe to meet with the players agent and just explain to them that we don't want the player anymore and it would be within their best interests if they looked to find a new club. Any agent worth their salt and who has their clients interests at heart would accept this and do something about it, at the end of the day any move is giving the chance for the agent to make money. Say what you want about a guy like Raiola but he won't have any of the players on his books sat there not playing (Kean last year) because it benefits nobody. It is an awkward/frustrating situation though.

The transfer policy reminds me of the Walter Smith days when we had large numbers of deadwood, then being replaced by large numbers of deadwood.

That's not what I said at all. Do you think they loan players out for free?
So Bolasie, Besic, et al went out for free? I think you'll find we had to pay part of their wages for them to be accepted on loan. It is different for say Simms, an up and coming talent compared to a crocked payday earner - all Chelsea's loanees were "rising stars" our "loaned stars" have at least waned, if not waxed, if not become black holes.

And frankly none of us really know if there were loan fees, wage contributions or anything. We just guess whatever fits our agenda.

Status
Not open for further replies.