Everton Summer transfers 2021

Status
Not open for further replies.
Echo seems all in, on how skint we are and only looking to sell, seems all across all media really.

Is this not the case every year....then we go out and spend decenta mounts ?? Or do we think its different this time ?

Seems more to me about cuttng the wagebill to me, the waste.
it is the case every year, maybe a bit different due to the pandamic.
so i am not so worried about these rumours.
normally some news will come out that we have taken another loan or Moshiri has put some money in the club lol.
I am pretty sure we will spend money on like a right back.
But more signings up front will depend on Kean and/or James i guess.
Same at the back if Mina leaves.
Same in midfield probably if we can sell Gomes for example.
As our squad is quite big at the moment in terms of numbers.

Last summer we made some moves to improve

what are we doing this summer???
Obviously we're very deliberately trying to make the squad worse so that we can be relegated and plunge into the abyss and cancel ourselves.

What the chuff do you think we're doing?

The whole squad needs improvement - including both the first team and the bench. The bench is being improved now, inexpensively. The bigger stuff will depend on moving players on and it sounds like we're actively working on that. Just be patient

Obviously we're very deliberately trying to make the squad worse so that we can be relegated and plunge into the abyss and cancel ourselves.

What the chuff do you think we're doing?

The whole squad needs improvement - including both the first team and the bench. The bench is being improved now, inexpensively. The bigger stuff will depend on moving players on and it sounds like we're actively working on that. Just be patient
Great post

Just be patient

What on here? No chance mate. Everything the club do is wrong and can be second-guessed by folk who have no experience of anything like this level of business and/or zero understanding of contract law.

Get rid of folk on contract, when apparently they are so bad that no-one would want them. Yeah sure, good luck in court.

We aren’t skint and we will buy players in positions that we need. Every summer the same journalists with zero information post utter nonsense.

we haven’t bought players that we need so far because our wage to turnover ratio is ludicrous and the highest in the premier league. Once the deadwood starts leaving we’ll bring in improvements. We can’t do it without removing the players we’ve got as we will end up with higher wages than turnover.

Bernard 6 mill a season.
gomes 5.8 mill a season.
Sig 5.2 mill a season.
Delph 4.1 mill a season
Tosun 3.2 mill a season.

they offer us absolutely nothing to the squad and cost us 24 million a year without bonuses.

Add onto that iwobi, holgate, Kenny, gbamin although he’s unfortunate due to injuries, keane, kean who were trying to sell, that comes to another 15 million odd. So 40 million a year in wages for players that will be no loss to the team whatsoever once they’re gone.

I’m 100% sure we will end the transfer window with a stronger first 11, stronger squad and less wages and deadwood than what we ended the season with.
Why have you avoided mentioning Besic, Walcott and Bolasie leaving who were very big wage earners?

The wage bill has been cut substantially already.

Last edited:

We aren’t skint and we will buy players in positions that we need. Every summer the same journalists with zero information post utter nonsense.

we haven’t bought players that we need so far because our wage to turnover ratio is ludicrous and the highest in the premier league. Once the deadwood starts leaving we’ll bring in improvements. We can’t do it without removing the players we’ve got as we will end up with higher wages than turnover.

Bernard 6 mill a season.
gomes 5.8 mill a season.
Sig 5.2 mill a season.
Delph 4.1 mill a season
Tosun 3.2 mill a season.

they offer us absolutely nothing to the squad and cost us 24 million a year without bonuses.

Add onto that iwobi, holgate, Kenny, gbamin although he’s unfortunate due to injuries, keane, kean who were trying to sell, that comes to another 15 million odd. So 40 million a year in wages for players that will be no loss to the team whatsoever once they’re gone.

I’m 100% sure we will end the transfer window with a stronger first 11, stronger squad and less wages and deadwood than what we ended the season with.
You may well be proved correct, most certainly on the wages front especially.

My only issue with that post so far is that the outfield players we have already brought in this window, assuming that Gray is a done deal, are no better than any of the deadwood players you list above. We're just replacing expensive deadwood with cheap deadwood, or not in the case of Townsend.

I accept it may look different come the end of the window but so far I am underwhelmed with our signings

Status
Not open for further replies.