Everton Summer transfers 2021

Status
Not open for further replies.
You may well be proved correct, most certainly on the wages front especially.

My only issue with that post so far is that the outfield players we have already brought in this window, assuming that Gray is a done deal, are no better than any of the deadwood players you list above. We're just replacing expensive deadwood with cheap deadwood, or not in the case of Townsend.

I accept it may look different come the end of the window but so far I am underwhelmed with our signings
That’s the thing mate we desperately need a starting RB, starting RW, starting CM. We don’t have unlimited money so to get only them positions leaves us once again having multiple goalkeepers, kids, delph, iwobi, and Gomes to come on as subs. These players don’t change games, if we had subs that had the potential to come on and get an assist or goal last season then two draws turned into wins got us into europe.

ideal world of course we wouldn’t be signing either player but by doing so it does improve our bench, helps us have more to spend on the starting 11 and next summer we can go out improve a couple of the starting 11 and again the subs. if we planned ahead like that five years ago we wouldn’t be in the terrible position we’re in now.

35ECE492-F3B9-4F5E-8342-16B904D87C97.jpeg

They loan players out so they can eventually sell them on, we don’t, we loan players like Besic, Bolasie, Mirallas out for multiple years to run their contracts down and leave on a free.
Which is why I said it works if you do it right. We don't. Just this year Chelsea have released Izzy Brown, Danilo Pantic and van Ginkel after years of loans. I doubt they lost money on these. They loan players out for development or as a business model. They loan loads out every year. We loan out crap we can't sell. It's a wildly different model and can be seen in its success.

So Bolasie, Besic, et al went out for free? I think you'll find we had to pay part of their wages for them to be accepted on loan. It is different for say Simms, an up and coming talent compared to a crocked payday earner - all Chelsea's loanees were "rising stars" our "loaned stars" have at least waned, if not waxed, if not become black holes.

And frankly none of us really know if there were loan fees, wage contributions or anything. We just guess whatever fits our agenda.
Which is why I said the loan system can work if you use it right. Chelsea loan out loads of players every single season. They aren't paying for the pleasure. It's their model. We do it badly.

Would people be happy if we sold Richarlison and kept Kean this window - and brought in (let's say) Dumphries, Bailey and McNeil?

No definitely not we need to keep Richy which I believe we will until next year.

No to McNeil too slow and will cost a fortune
Yes to Bailey, spend the money there if we can
Yes to Dumfries

Ross Barkley, I dunno, screwed us over, but we need to move on

Saying that I still hate Clive Thomas

That’s the thing mate we desperately need a starting RB, starting RW, starting CM. We don’t have unlimited money so to get only them positions leaves us once again having multiple goalkeepers, kids, delph, iwobi, and Gomes to come on as subs. These players don’t change games, if we had subs that had the potential to come on and get an assist or goal last season then two draws turned into wins got us into europe.

ideal world of course we wouldn’t be signing either player but by doing so it does improve our bench, helps us have more to spend on the starting 11 and next summer we can go out improve a couple of the starting 11 and again the subs. if we planned ahead like that five years ago we wouldn’t be in the terrible position we’re in now.
I'm not saying we don't need better quality from the bench. I'm just wondering why you think the 2 players we've provided will bring it. They are just more deadwood. Their stats are no better than what we have already. Both were released by clubs we should be, quite frankly, looking to be finishing ahead of.

Gray is cheap, although I haven't seen any wages details to be fair. Townsend, if the £80k rumours are true, is not even cheap.

Status
Not open for further replies.