2020/21 Bernard

Status
Not open for further replies.

He just got bullied in the prem sadly. There are plenty of good short players in the world but they all have rapid pace, quick tricks and turns and surprising strength and he doesn’t really have any of that sadly.
I think he was worth a punt on a free even with his big wages but it’s not worked out.

He just got bullied in the prem sadly. There are plenty of good short players in the world but they all have rapid pace, quick tricks and turns and surprising strength and he doesn’t really have any of that sadly.
I think he was worth a punt on a free even with his big wages but it’s not worked out.

we'll always have that time he got booked for headbutting Rudiger though, which proved modern referees do not understand physics

we'll always have that time he got booked for headbutting Rudiger though, which proved modern referees do not understand physics

Was there ever a time when they did?

I mean, there's always that joke about the Russian referee ruling the England goal against West Germany in the final of the 1966 World Cup a goal without hesitation. When asked on his deathbed how he was so certain that the goal was indeed a goal, he replied, "Stalingrad."

The referee was Swiss, by the way. The linesman, who is the person in question, was Azerbaijani. I like the story better the other way, though.

Not suited to premier league esp out wide. Was disappointed not to see him given a chance as a number 10 and more of a free role. But these are the players we need to get off the books now. Quickly.

Status
Not open for further replies.