Homepage Article Rafael Benitez Appointed Everton Manager

Status
Not open for further replies.
Honestly, I felt sick for days. The RS connection eww
Have accepted it of course....
Looking forward to seeing what he can do now, maybe there are happy days ahead

Tony
A genuine question.
How did you feel about Sheedy Ablett and others ?
Beardsley was hugely popular at Everton but came from Liverpool and certainly had his most successful days there.

I have always had a problem with people leaving Everton to go to Liverpool rather than the other way around.

Mate, the club will be under attack. We are not an elite club in media terms; there'll be no one going to bat for Everton if this ends badly - no friendly media that'll bury bad news under an avalanche of BS.

What we do have is a manager who projects authority. And he's a man we need right now in terms of how he'll face up to the media and make the right noises and turn a negative into a positive. It's unwanted, but current events provide opportunities to men like Benitez. IMO he'll stamp his imprint on Everton very quickly now.
No it won't, individuals make decisions in their private lives that are independent of their employers. There will be some heat for a while but it will pass, like all things.

We need someone to stand up and be counted. The club is a mess. Benitez is a very political manager. He'll sense that and know his authority is strengthened because of it.
From now until the end of the window will be fascinating.
I am thinking now the protracted negotiations leading to his appointment may have been more momentous than we realised.

I cannot help but feel that whatever about players arriving I think it is becoming clear that there will be a clear out like we possibly have not seen before.
I think there will a lot of players moved on and their replacements, the squad fillers the manager wants are being put in place now.
We already know Bernard is leaving but Iwobi as well will probably see that the future is bleak for him.
Sigurdsson is another, Delph probably another and I am adding JR because there are so many reports about him leaving even though I am not convinced he is.

We see the Richarlison to Real Madrid starting up again and even though it may be late in the window I think Kean will not be with us next season.

If we do bring in another centre half then one will leave and imo that will be Mina.

So, we could if possible, move on Bernard,Delph,Iwobi,Bernard,Sigurdsson,Mina, Tosun and Kean with the strong possibility of JR according to reports and maybe others for all we know.
That could be eight or nine players which would decimate the squad but not the team.

I think it may mean that youngsters like Gordon, Branthwaite,Gibson , Whitaker and maybe one or two others become full members of the first team squad

Which is why it was a stupid appointment.
That would not be the conclusion I would take from it.

My feeling is that it was unpopular with just about everybody before the appointment.

When appointed the majority accepted it without liking it and that was probably my reaction at first.

Going forward the reaction to the overwhelming majority will be results based, if he wins matches he will be accepted quicker than many realise, if he has a poor start the pressure from the fans will come on him very quickly.

I think there will be a percentage who will refuse to accept him no matter what he does, some of those will continue to attend and support the club and a small percentage will walk away.

I have always said that GOT does not accurately reflect the attitude of match going Evertonians.

I am Irish and largely because of Covid I can't see myself at Goodison for quite some time . That means on sceptic who is prepared to shout for the team and support the club won't be attending.
I would like to see where all posters for and against Benitez declared where they live and how often they attend.

No it won't, individuals make decisions in their private lives that are independent of their employers. There will be some heat for a while but it will pass, like all things.
Of course it will pass. But the period in which anything might overhang the club will be reduced with a figure of stature in charge at Everton. It stands to reason.

Benitez is the big news for the outside world regarding Everton. We must be thankful of that now.

Last edited:

From now until the end of the window will be fascinating.
I am thinking now the protracted negotiations leading to his appointment may have been more momentous than we realised.

I cannot help but feel that whatever about players arriving I think it is becoming clear that there will be a clear out like we possibly have not seen before.
I think there will a lot of players moved on and their replacements, the squad fillers the manager wants are being put in place now.
We already know Bernard is leaving but Iwobi as well will probably see that the future is bleak for him.
Sigurdsson is another, Delph probably another and I am adding JR because there are so many reports about him leaving even though I am not convinced he is.

We see the Richarlison to Real Madrid starting up again and even though it may be late in the window I think Kean will not be with us next season.

If we do bring in another centre half then one will leave and imo that will be Mina.

So, we could if possible, move on Bernard,Delph,Iwobi,Bernard,Sigurdsson,Mina, Tosun and Kean with the strong possibility of JR according to reports and maybe others for all we know.
That could be eight or nine players which would decimate the squad but not the team.

I think it may mean that youngsters like Gordon, Branthwaite,Gibson , Whitaker and maybe one or two others become full members of the first team squad
I think we're in for a watershed season.

It feels like a desperate and failed half decade project of trying to leapfrog our way into the elite is at an end and something morer pragmatic is about to take its place.

I, for one, welcome that.

I think we're in for a watershed season.

It feels like a desperate and failed half decade project of trying to leapfrog our way into the elite is at an end and something morer pragmatic is about to take its place.

I, for one, welcome that.
Yeah same. We appear to be looking at building a squad of players who will work hard for each other and the club, and that doesn't happen by buying the flavour of the month sort of players we've wasted a lot on over the years. We look like we're trying to offload the deadwood and we seem to be looking at sorting out positions and attributes (pace, wing play) that we've neglected for years. I'm optimistic

Status
Not open for further replies.