Homepage Article Rafael Benitez Appointed Everton Manager

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm just saying that, in light of current events, we need a face that looks out onto the world that represents the club that can dwarf such matters.

You may not like it, but the manager we have provides us with a different narrative that will shield us from the terrible publicity to come. He's a big beast in the football world still, and we're fortunate that we have a manager with that stature. He'll fight for the club. That's what he said, and now he has the opportunity to step forward and exert moral command of it.

Indeed. It has become all too apparent that we need a manager with big shoulders, and Benitez fits that bill. So far, I like his willingness to get stuck in, he certainly won't be writing local restaurant reviews as Ancelotti could have done.

There are too many moving parts at this club, too many divergent and contradictory forces, so perhaps Benitez can soak up the publicity regarding his history and deflect it from the otherwise air of chaos at the club.

He’s right though.
I didn’t want Benitez under any circumstances either.
But he’s here now so may as well just accept it.

Honestly, I felt sick for days. The RS connection eww
Have accepted it of course....
Looking forward to seeing what he can do now, maybe there are happy days ahead

Tony
Your daughter marries a fat, lazy dosser who has never held down a job in his life. You spend the weeks leading up to the wedding pleading with her not to marry him and hoping beyond hope that she doesn't marry him. Day after the wedding "may as well just accept it", "maybe there are happy days ahead".

No? Didn't think so.

Indeed. It has become all too apparent that we need a manager with big shoulders, and Benitez fits that bill. So far, I like his willingness to get stuck in, he certainly won't be writing local restaurant reviews as Ancelotti could have done.

There are too many moving parts at this club, too many divergent and contradictory forces, so perhaps Benitez can soak up the publicity regarding his history and deflect it from the otherwise air of chaos at the club.
We need someone to stand up and be counted. The club is a mess. Benitez is a very political manager. He'll sense that and know his authority is strengthened because of it.

You mean with big stomach?

How is it a moral issue? He's a football manager, ffs, not the secretary general of the UN!
Mate, the club will be under attack. We are not an elite club in media terms; there'll be no one going to bat for Everton if this ends badly - no friendly media that'll bury bad news under an avalanche of BS.

What we do have is a manager who projects authority. And he's a man we need right now in terms of how he'll face up to the media and make the right noises and turn a negative into a positive. It's unwanted, but current events provide opportunities to men like Benitez. IMO he'll stamp his imprint on Everton very quickly now.

Your daughter marries a fat, lazy dosser who has never held down a job in his life. You spend the weeks leading up to the wedding pleading with her not to marry him and hoping beyond hope that she doesn't marry him. Day after the wedding "may as well just accept it", "maybe there are happy days ahead".

No? Didn't think so.

But Benitez is hard working and one of the most successful managers in recent decades.

You paint a picture of him that is grossly inaccurate all because he once managed Liverpool.

Scandalous mate.

No? Didn't think so.
The analogy of the daughter doesn’t apply to this situation.

No? Didn't think so.

Lol, hardly the same thing

Under four weeks now until the start of the season now, and I honestly can't predict with any certainty what the atmosphere is going to be like on the opening game. If I'm honest I'm veering towards a heady mixture of a silent majority seeing his appointment with a measure of indifference with a vocal minority dead set against him staying in position for a minute longer than necessary.

Taking the view that there's not a thing I can do to change the situation I'm forced into the acceptance camp. My expectation threshold isn't set high other than the usual top eight and hope for a sniff of a cup run.

In the background will be the "signing of the summer" in the form of the commencement of BMD.

And there lies my wish. Benitez to steady the ship for his three years and hope that when we get the keys to the door we have a club and team befitting our new surroundings.

Status
Not open for further replies.