Homepage Article Rafael Benitez Appointed Everton Manager

Status
Not open for further replies.
Imagine having Potter in charge at a time like this. It doesn't bear thinking about. We'd be sunk.

I think we may have gotten very lucky securing a strong man with a huge amount of credibility in English football to see us through.

He will provide the moral compass. A good manager but also a family man with huge respect in the game and one who will fight our corner tigerishly.
Now I know you are wumming it up.
You had us all going there for a while mate.

Imagine having Potter in charge at a time like this. It doesn't bear thinking about. We'd be sunk.

I think we may have gotten very lucky securing a strong man with a huge amount of credibility in English football to see us through.

He will provide the moral compass. A good manager but also a family man with huge respect in the game and one who will fight our corner tigerishly.

In time the non believers will slowly start to open their eyes.

Worshipping false idols like Potter at a time like this is heresy. We need stability and solid foundations to be built.

wonder if he will recreate this beauty today with begovic on the left and townsend on the right

CD10444195.jpg

What on earth has happened to you, Dave? You sound like you've joined a cult.
I'm just saying that, in light of current events, we need a face that looks out onto the world that represents the club that can dwarf such matters.

You may not like it, but the manager we have provides us with a different narrative that will shield us from the terrible publicity to come. He's a big beast in the football world still, and we're fortunate that we have a manager with that stature. He'll fight for the club. That's what he said, and now he has the opportunity to step forward and exert moral command of it.

Potter would be hurriedly burning his hard drive too.

I'm just saying that, in light of current events, we need a face that looks out onto the world that represents the club that can dwarf such matters.

You may not like it, but the manager we have provides us with a different narrative that will shield us from the terrible publicity to come. He's a big beast in the football world still, and we're fortunate that we have a manager with that stature. He'll fight for the club. That's what he said, and now he has the opportunity to step forward and exert moral command of it.

Well Dave there are many comments from folk in the football world who sy he is a master tactician, and we have done well to get him on board.

I say to many on here forget the past go forward.

Hope you're right

He did bring a degree of sympathy to Newcastle football club in the eyes of the wider public, and dare I say legitimacy to the horse punching Saudi courters.

When you look back now Dave you realise that the Howe,Potter and Dyche's were never seriously considered.
The job to be done would be way too big for them,bigger than any of us realised.
I think there will be huge changes this summer

I just find it incredible that so many do not want Rafael because he managed the other shower but then forget that we are actually his 10th club and he has had success at least 5 of them so why not us? Forget that throwaway comment which could well have been lost in translation anyway.

I just find it incredible that so many do not want Rafael because he managed the other shower but then forget that we are actually his 10th club and he has had success at least 5 of them so why not us? Forget that throwaway comment which could well have been lost in translation anyway.
He didn't seem to deny it in his first presser. Just want to hear him say something about them now. E.g. Refreshing to enjoy at Everton the intensity of support for a team with its roots in the local community...

How is it a moral issue? He's a football manager, ffs, not the secretary general of the UN!

I didn’t want Benitez under any circumstances either.
But he’s here now so may as well just accept it.

Honestly, I felt sick for days. The RS connection eww
Have accepted it of course....
Looking forward to seeing what he can do now, maybe there are happy days ahead

Tony

Status
Not open for further replies.