Everton Summer transfers 2021

Status
Not open for further replies.
I find it hard to imagine that we won't lose at least one of our better players this summer. My concern is that it will be James and we won't see much if a fee, so there'll be nothing to reinvest. In that scenario we improve depth but reduce quality. Particularly in terms of creativity. I fear we will struggle to score goals next season, neither Townsend or Gray offer much of a goal threat.

Can't disagree with any of that.

What I will say is I'd expect richarlison to start the season really slowly after playing two tournaments. So bringing in some more bodies to play wide - at cheap cost but with prem experience - makes a level of sense.

What's interesting is Townsend's stats historically are actually better (or at least equal) to Iwobi's. Puts the money we spent on iwobi into even sharper focus.

I really wanted to him to succeed and I've been slow to jump on his back - but unless Benitez can get a tune out of him, I think that signing will go down as one of our poorer ones, to say the least.

A lot of Leicester fans seem quite butt hurt over the lad.

Thats a positive at least! lol
Not from me. I actually liked him and thought he got a bot of a rough deal from some of our fans but he doesn't do himself any favours, he loves a sulk.

But hopefully a year living abroad and learning a different league and culture etc has made him grow up a bit

No, they are all just saying that he's not very good.

£1.5 million its worth a punt not like he'll be starting games. We've just finished 10th and 12th anyone expecting us to be shelling out £20+ million on quality proven players to sit on our bench are naive we are miles away from having a top 6 sides squad depth.

Not from me. I actually liked him and thought he got a bot of a rough deal from some of our fans but he doesn't do himself any favours, he loves a sulk.

But hopefully a year living abroad and learning a different league and culture etc has made him grow up a bit
You have to meet Richarlison then...

Can't disagree with any of that.

What I will say is I'd expect richarlison to start the season really slowly after playing two tournaments. So bringing in some more bodies to play wide - at cheap cost but with prem experience - makes a level of sense.

What's interesting is Townsend's stats historically are actually better (or at least equal) to Iwobi's. Puts the money we spent on iwobi into even sharper focus.

I really wanted to him to succeed and I've been slow to jump on his back - but unless Benitez can get a tune out of him, I think that signing will go down as one of our poorer ones, to say the least.
Everyone keeps using Iwobi as an example with which we should contextualise these signings, it's baffling to me. Yes, it will probably work out better than one of our worst signings of recent years (I say one of because we have also signed Tosun, Delph, Klaasen etc.. we really are dreadful at picking talent) but we should have higher aspirations. And, as I keep saying, it's not Townsend or Iwobi, it is going to be Townsend and Iwobi. I feel sick.

£1.5 million its worth a punt not like he'll be starting games. We've just finished 10th and 12th anyone expecting us to be shelling out £20+ million on quality proven players to sit on our bench are naive we are miles away from having a top 6 sides squad depth.
So the fans who have watched him tell us he’s crap and has an awful attitude but you think it’s fine because our bench is miles away from a top six side

Football is not for you lid

Status
Not open for further replies.