Everton Summer transfers 2021

Status
Not open for further replies.

These signings are to add depth to the squad.

Until we actually sell players we won't be making big money moves.

As it stands at the moment, we haven't lost any of our better players and instead made the squad better.

Wind it in, son. You don't have a clue what's going on at the club so I beg of you to stop addressing the forum like you're an ITK.

The people who are happy enough with these signings are the exact same people that will expect us to be competing for Europe next season.

And they will be the exact same people wanting rid of them next summer calling them a drain on resources.
Not true in my case. I just want to see us play a little quicker, and try and get further up the pitch and control games more against clubs in the lower half of the league.

If they stopped signing rubbish players they would lose less money. The squad is horrific and needs an overhaul but signing more poor players makes it totally pointless.

The stadium is priority but stadiums don't win football matches. People are going to switch off from this rubbish very soon. Its getting pretty tedious.
To this point I am left with a question which is, are like for like quality (that isnt good) better cheaper, in transfer and wage wise than the current situation rostered. I think first and foremost its far from what should be a priority. That said I think the club for the stadium are wary of dipping more to middle table. Something I would be more comfortable with in the light of top end prospects and a youth overhaul.

With that in mind i don't know how to feel about these rumors. Possible inflated wages scare me. And so does such moves not accompanied by outbounds. But we generally need to be more frugal and choosy in our investments. The amount of 25 million players comparable to Gray that were both present and future focused, despite failing on both fronts has been our main culprit of mediocrity.

Penny pinching is fine, and making mid table squad additions cheaply, is better than doing it expensively. But this team has to have maturation for clear sell ons and possible world tier talent in its possible future teams in the works to justify it. They need players that can in time drastically change their fortunes. Iwobi, Gomes Bernard etc weren't that. So isnt Gray or Begovic. These deals wont change our position but if they offer room to do so in subsequent deals for the fees saved, I guess that is a possible rationale. Still it seems to be missing the mark.

We are being linked with some not very exciting players atm, but remember the players are available an we do need to bolster the squad. Also new faces are very welcome. Players have left and it likey others will so we need players. I just hope they are also working on bigger name players that will slot right in our starting 11. But I do think some of our current players will show much more under Benitez I think he will work the, much harder than Carlo and Silva before him.

Status
Not open for further replies.